Cambodia is on Everyone's Bucket List

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia is on Everyone's Bucket List

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

[Warning: This article contains advertising. May have been sponsored by the airline mentioned repeatedly in the text.]

Everything you need to know about Cambodia from jungle temples to the hidden magic in the city streets
We've put together a guide to the best things to see and do in Cambodia from amazing temples to exploring capital Phnom Penh
15 August 2018
It's no surprise that Cambodia is on most people's bucket lists.

The southeast Asian country has something for everyone, whether you're a nature-lover wanting to explore the spectacular scenery, or a culture vulture wanting to visit the awe-inspiring temples and bustling cities.

Then of course there's the delectable local cuisine, budget-friendly accommodation unlike any other.

Rosie Hopegood went exploring and discovered the forest temples, creepy-crawly delicacies and the charming yet chaotic cities the country has to offer - check out the highlights of her trip below...
https://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/asia-mi ... s-13087059

Not much new information here for travelers to Cambodia, HOWEVER, this may be a first...
Eating a tarantula on a plate with a knife and fork.
Photo by Rosie Hopegood
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Re: Cambodia is on Everyone's Bucket List

Post by Felgerkarb »

No, it isn't. Nothing to see here. Boring. Go away.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Watch out, here come the Kiwis.
Is Cambodia the New Thailand for Kiwis ?
8 March 2019
The country has a mix of intrepid, with just enough comfort, that saw Thailand explode in tourism in the nineties. The rampant growth since then has led many Kiwis to explore other more off the beaten track destinations such as Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Cambodia. Having spent time in all three, Cambodia is a perfect mix.
Eight reasons Cambodia will become the new Thailand for Kiwis...
https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/destinat ... eating-cow
[Clue: One of those reasons is Angkor Wat, another is Pub St, and of course, tarantulas.]
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

I'd much rather go to Laos and eat some
Lao sausage, grilled chicken, Tam Mak Hoong (som tam), Larp Moo and sticky rice.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Chamboy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chamboy »

sigmoid wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:19 pm I'd much rather go to Laos and eat some
Lao sausage, grilled chicken, Tam Mak Hoong (som tam), Larp Moo and sticky rice.
Gotta agree. With the exception of 4-5 signature dishes Khmer food is boring. I read yong's posts with appropriate jealousy.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Chamboy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:26 pm
sigmoid wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:19 pm I'd much rather go to Laos and eat some
Gotta agree. With the exception of 4-5 signature dishes Khmer food is boring. I read yong's posts with appropriate jealousy.

So your after a job as a screw salesman ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
thomaswanhoff
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by thomaswanhoff »

Khmer food is not well known, and most restaurants promote the few Lok Lak and Amok dishes, maybe a curry and Samlor. But there is a great variety in Khmer food, although not much promoted. I recently discovered a Khmer sausage with Kreung paste and pork, that is very close to my all time favorite, the Luang Prabang Sausage. Also, the Khmer version of Laab and Ban Xeo are quite nice. Pork in Cambodia is one of the best I ever had. and if you ever tried a really homemade fish- or porkball with black pepper in a noodle soup, you will change your mind about Khmer food. The challenge is to find the right places. And it’s difficult to get into locals homes if not in a homestays or a organized tour.
Pisshead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Pisshead »

The best khmer food is homemade and not made for resale.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Pisshead wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:16 am The best khmer food is homemade and not made for resale.
resale?? :facepalm:

thought u were banned
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodian is full of hotels that need to be visited according to Forbes ...

Cambodia Needs to Be on Every Travelers Bucket List.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/shivanivor ... cket-list/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic