JC Airlines

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

JC Airlines

Post by armchairlawyer »

Just took a flight on JC from BKK-PNH. The A320 bore the Cambodian flag and the cabin crew were Khmer. The pilot sounded Malaysian. The one way cost was $58 if booked online. No cards accepted but you can pay by Pipay or Alipay. No processing charge. You get a 20kg checked bag allowance. Muffin and juice served onboard. Cabin was clean and nice.
I have seen a travel shop in Aeon2 selling JC flights, their price was a bit higher.
My flight was almost full and mostly seemed to be middle class Khmer doing a weekend shopping trip to Bangkok. They were obviously charmingly new to flying. I was the last to check in at two hours prior. They checked in their bags, I have never seen so few carry on bags. Just small ones that you could take inside a bus I guess.
During the flight it was very quiet and polite.
On landing they did not follow etiquette and allow exit row by row, they just charged up the aisle, but in a gentle way.
At the carousel, a lady pax took my bag off the belt. When I pointed out it was mine, she just pulled it closer. It had two personalized tags on it but she took some convincing that it was mine.
The flight was late by 30 minutes. Gate departure from BKK but stand arrival at PNH.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: JC Airlines

Post by Duncan »

Arrival and going through the immigration at PP has always been quick. So last week when I landed, I wrote down the times .

Air Asia plane landed at 3.55 pm ,,, right on time.

I was one of the first off the plane and sailed through immigration and customs ,,, No baggage.

4-06 pm . I am waiting at the bus stop out on the main road.

4-18 pm . I get on the bus.

4 -58 pm I get off the bus on Norodom
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I have flown dozens of times with AirAsia and I have to agree their timekeeping is second to none. Otoh, they charge about $20 each way for 20kg of luggage, their seat pitch is tight and DMK is bad for road traffic.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:02 pm I have flown dozens of times with AirAsia and I have to agree their timekeeping is second to none. Otoh, they charge about $20 each way for 20kg of luggage, their seat pitch is tight and DMK is bad for road traffic.
The worst thing about Air Asia is having to depart and land at Don Mueang, infested with Chinese mainlanders. Haven't used them in 3-4 years to go to PNH or SGN.

Anyway, thanks for the JC report.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I quite like AirAsia, still, though I'm not quite so enchanted with the setup at KLIA2. It takes quite a bit of time getting through. I liked it in the early days of their op when it was the sheds at the end of the field.

I haven't tried JC yet. I'm sure I shall.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

airlines now a days always reach the destination on time, sometimes even early, thats becoz they added a buffer to the overall flight time, if u always fly the same route all the time, take note of the actual flight time n u will notice that.
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

bolueeleh wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:48 am airlines now a days always reach the destination on time,
I wish.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Airplanes fly slower now than before. Reduces overall fuel consumption. Flight times are longer, but with fewer mid route stops for refueling, makes it feel shorter.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:48 am Airplanes fly slower now than before. Reduces overall fuel consumption. Flight times are longer, but with fewer mid route stops for refueling, makes it feel shorter.
aircrafts now a days dont fly slower than before, they fly at the speed according what ever weather conditions, route, schedule dictates, fuel consumption is down becoz of better aircraft design, material used, better engines etc
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

do they have a direct one way to bali or jakarta from Phnom Penh or sihanoukville. How about to manila or davao?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic