Is America a Police state

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: Is America a Police state

Post by Soi Dog »

OrangeDragon wrote: One of the reason I'm for legalization of drugs is to take away a major funding source for those organizations.
I don't know, but isn't legally produced marijuana much more expensive than the illegal and readily available street varieties due to the high taxes and regulatory costs of the former? If so, are we really driving any gangs or cartels out of business, or is legalization just letting higher-income people partake with new legal protection...while the war on illegal (ie non-taxed) pot rages on and now exclusively affects the less affluent tokers?
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Soi Dog wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote: One of the reason I'm for legalization of drugs is to take away a major funding source for those organizations.
I don't know, but isn't legally produced marijuana much more expensive than the illegal and readily available street varieties due to the high taxes and regulatory costs of the former? If so, are we really driving any gangs or cartels out of business, or is legalization just letting higher-income people partake with new legal protection...while the war on illegal (ie non-taxed) pot rages on and now exclusively affects the less affluent tokers?
Seems you guy haven't been, most of the now legal medical marijuana 'clubs' are run by 'former' gangs who now drive big Cadillac 4x4's. Seems like they are only called gang members when they don't have money now they are very rich business men
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

beaker wrote: Seems you guy haven't been, most of the now legal medical marijuana 'clubs' are run by 'former' gangs who now drive big Cadillac 4x4's. Seems like they are only called gang members when they don't have money now they are very rich business men
Your posts are practically unreadable.

I have met some very square and average and entrepreneurial Americans who have absolutely NO gang affiliations whatsoever who left good paying careers elsewhere to start small-scale marijuana dispensaries in Colorado, as they saw a unique opportunity in a newly legal business. Your claim of "most" being gang members is nonsense.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

those are the new breed I'm talking about the guys in California , Oakland, Fresno, Santa Barbara, who where there in the beginning when the feds were conducting raids etc . I was there and one of the first to have a medical card
Last edited by beaker on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
0to60
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by 0to60 »

beaker wrote:those are the new breed I'm talking about the guys in california who where there in the beginning when the feds were conducting raids etc . I was there and one of the first to have a medical card
Serious question. Is English your second language?
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

0to60 wrote:
beaker wrote:those are the new breed I'm talking about the guys in california who where there in the beginning when the feds were conducting raids etc . I was there and one of the first to have a medical card
Not sure, but his fondness for pot helps explain a lot of his posts.
0to60
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by 0to60 »

I'd say alcohol, Clinton smoked pot and he was the best president since Lincoln.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Satiated Parrot wrote:
0to60 wrote:
Not sure, but his fondness for pot helps explain a lot of his posts.
And if it is not my first language that somehow makes me less knowledgeable or not as good as you
jimi hendrix
0to60
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by 0to60 »

Not at all. Just that some of your posts are a little mixed up. I was just curious. Are you Mexican?
0to60
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by 0to60 »

Khmer?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic