Kampot Opens First Hostess Bar "Sweet Pallet" & Belinda Laidlaw Threatened with $50,000 Defamation Suit

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Kampot Opens First Hostess Bar "Sweet Pallet" & Belinda Laidlaw Threatened with $50,000 Defamation Suit

Post by kgbagent »

Next door to SP is the new Bonobos - a much more stylish place with a bar on both floors and atm a higher standard of staff.

Open from 4pm til 2am daily

kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Kampot Opens First Hostess Bar "Sweet Pallet" & Belinda Laidlaw Threatened with $50,000 Defamation Suit

Post by kgbagent »

There is also another HB near Le Comptoir Wine bar and I also hear about 1 on the first st from the new bridge heading to the old bridge
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Kampot is improving then, it's time there were hostess bars. Have the relevant authorities given their permission.
Honey69
Expatriate
Cuba

Post by Honey69 »

AmericanSteve wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:58 am
I'm pleased to hear that Laidlaw is gone; that was the intention of sending that letter to FI. The purpose of posting it here was to show support for the people at Sweet Palette and to encourage any others who are considering opening "hostess bars" here.
How much does it cost to open a hostess bar in Kampot?
To get started with best chances for success, you need a good trusted accountant. Your Chinese wife is best suited for that job. Chinese wives are excellent with money and to make sure the businesses prospers.
:hattip:
"please keep the personal squabbling and name calling to a minimum. we do not want it here. use the ignore function if you are unable to contain your animosities in debate."
--- frank lee bent ---
Elvis G
Tourist
Samoa

Post by Elvis G »

that genius wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:05 pm She was fired already.
No, I hear she still helps out there!!!! :evil:
Elvis G
Tourist
Samoa

Post by Elvis G »

I know Belinda. She was just trying to protect the young girls as she has a hard time like this growing up... Give the girl a break. We are all colonists here. She goes to hospital soon with cancer. It was her last shout out to young girls to love themselves and never be controlled. I hope this clarifies some things. I am sad you were all so mean. She just genuinely cares. Peace people. Her heart was destroed by all 107 commenets, and made her more sick.
Mr Cynical
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Mr Cynical »

Maybe all is not lost, I hear a few of the Shitsville refugees have opened up girlie bars to cater for the demand. Unfortunately most of the Shitsville customers that followed were the cheapest of the cheap. So sympathy for the poor ladies trying to survive.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Mr Cynical wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:37 am Maybe all is not lost, I hear a few of the Shitsville refugees have opened up girlie bars to cater for the demand. Unfortunately most of the Shitsville customers that followed were the cheapest of the cheap. So sympathy for the poor ladies trying to survive.
The sexpats and deathpats need a place to go mate. Leave them be.

Besides only people complaining is the white women anyways.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

look trapper, we kindly tolerate you here despite your vilifying us all over the internet.
if you start karma trolling members ( like the neg i just removed ) for non controversial posts we will take a harder line with you.
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

"Karma-trolling". Haha.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic