Alamo Cafe - Tex-Mex and American Food in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Free drinks for CEO members from Alamo Cafe in Phnom Penh

Post by violet »

Alamo Cafe wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:08 am I'm in the strange position of having to defend the person who criticized our business, but the way I read this, I don't think he realized he had salad instead of fries until he got to where he was staying, and that was somewhere outside Phnom Penh--and he certainly did not know until he started eating that one of the jalapenos was missing the cream cheese.
You have a website and facebook page. In such (non extreme) circumstances, it would be better to contact the business via a message or email first to provide feedback. Don't you think that is good practice?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

violet wrote:
Alamo Cafe wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:08 am I'm in the strange position of having to defend the person who criticized our business, but the way I read this, I don't think he realized he had salad instead of fries until he got to where he was staying, and that was somewhere outside Phnom Penh--and he certainly did not know until he started eating that one of the jalapenos was missing the cream cheese.
You have a website and facebook page. In such (non extreme) circumstances, it would be better to contact the business via a message or email first to provide feedback. Don't you think that is good practice?
I read a lot of SEO blogs, and I agree with them that SOME negative public feedback is usually considered better than nothing but perfect feedback.

The main thing is that potential customers get to see how owners of said business handle complaints. I guess it looks more authentic too if it's not all perfect feedback and reviews.

I've been to Alamo Cafe with UT, and we all liked the various food we ordered, and even had some leftovers. Still need to post some pics.

Congrats again and sorry I couldn't make it to the wedding brother!!!!

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Alamo Cafe
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alamo Cafe »

Good point, Violet. Maybe it would have been more polite to contact us directly, but I still can't be very upset about posting here, since it was done politely and he posted both positive and negative comments.

Also good points about the negative feedback, GM. Wish you could have been there.
Great food for dine-in, delivery, or take-away. Call 085 540 525.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

epidemiks wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:59 pm
Alamo Cafe wrote:
username wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:27 pm How large are the taco servings?
Three tacos--yet another oversight on my part. Looks like another menu update is due. Thanks for pointing it out.
Croquettes isn't possessive, so the apostrophe isn't required.
Crockett's Croquettes is possesive. (Unless the advert has been changed)

TOG
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Alamo Cafe
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alamo Cafe »

TOG wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:39 pm
epidemiks wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:59 pm
Alamo Cafe wrote:
username wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:27 pm How large are the taco servings?
Three tacos--yet another oversight on my part. Looks like another menu update is due. Thanks for pointing it out.
Croquettes isn't possessive, so the apostrophe isn't required.
Crockett's Croquettes is possesive. (Unless the advert has been changed)

TOG
Yes, I corrected the menus.
Great food for dine-in, delivery, or take-away. Call 085 540 525.
HarleyG
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by HarleyG »

Ok, so while sitting in the hospital here, as we have been blessed and rewarded with a brand-spankin new lovely lil baby girl (or “gurl” as my sweet lil wife says) and readin on the good ol’ CEO blog about this Alamo Cafe and was very pleased to give it a try as it was gettin hungry out. (The hospital food here is way above standard, but still hospital food) So, I dialed up the number provided and here’s how it went:

A polite, but seemingly rushed young lady answered my call and proceded to take my order (we were disconnected 2 or 3 times, the first time I tried to call back but line was busy, called again and reached the same lady, started to make the order for delivery to the hospital and again got disconnected, this time she called me right back and apologized again.

We get thru the order and we were both in agreement of Chicken Quesadilla and Chips-n-Salsa (she did, btw, offer fries or salad with my Chicken Quesadilla). I then attempted to take up the free “CEO” offer of a drink with my order. I asked her about this and said I would like a soda (pepsi or coke) as my free drink. We were disconnected again (or maybe she thought we were done and hung up?) and I called back once more. I tried to explain the “CEO” offer, but she either didn’t understand me or was too busy (a good thing, I guess). Anyhow, finalized delivery details and hung up.

The food was delivered promptly (minus the drink, as I suspected, due to the conversation/misunderstanding) and was still hot and delicious (did not care for the flavor of the provided salsa, but that is my own taste).

Moral of the story . . . Make sure they understand your order completely and maybe inform the staff of your “CEO” free drink offer!
The food was great! I am now a fan of Alamo Cafe and will visit in person and definitely order for delivery again!
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

HarleyG wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:19 pm Make sure they understand your order completely and maybe inform the staff
That's Asia for you.
HarleyG
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by HarleyG »

Oh, the other thing I forgot to mention in my post, I asked about the $5 deal as I ordered at 1:05 by phone, but she again did not understand what I was saying, even though I told her several times that I read about Alamo Cafe on “CEO”! Needless to say, they did charge me the normal price.
Again, training the staff is very important especially when presenting an offer and all these crazy “barang” ordering by phone and what not!! Thank you! See you again soon!
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bvanfossen »

Dude the free drink offer was for the "new business ", a promotion back in January. I'm shocked that you believe the offer still stands

:shock:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Haha, father of the year award!

Wife: It's a girl!! This is the happiest moment of my life!!!!

Husband: Honey, keep it down a bit, I'm on the phone ordering Mexican food.

:thumb:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic