One Client in Serious Visa Trouble

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: One Client in Serious Visa Trouble

Post by Cam Nivag »

that genius wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:19 pm I don't buy it, sorry.

Chinese guy starting a business, doesn't just go through normal procedures...then asks 'agent' who has to ask CEO denizens...nah.
What don't you buy? Jack R has been posting for years on both forums about doing such work as a fixer for clients.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

That may be but the situation is weird, to me
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

From time to time I like to ask a bit of input here usually if I post is about the more unique clients or someone in deep water which is clinching at me for help, even if it's uncommon I got a couple of useful pm and contacts from lurkers and regular posters in the past.

Also writing something down helps clearing my mind, take a step back and try to find a solution from another angle.

Honestly most of the clients I deal with are regular people, if I post here is usually about a client that:

1) didn't want a NDA
2) has a somewhat unusual and interesting situation.
3) doesn't mind me posting online, after all if the situation was already dire there is nothing to lose from asking publicly.
4) usually won't pay unless I find a solution.

So the cases I talk about online are usually the more unique ones, not really a good representation of the averge clients I deal with regularly.

I think you guys would not be interested to hear about the NGO that doesn't know how to fill the documents for get products trough custom without paying custom duty or the company that wants to insure a crane... dull stories which do not need any public input.

* For psdwiki Regarding the person's WP its still valid till the calendar year end.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Jack.R. wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:51 pm ...if I post here is usually about a client that:

1) didn't want a NDA
What's an NDA?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

prahocalypse now wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:20 pm
Jack.R. wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:51 pm ...if I post here is usually about a client that:

1) didn't want a NDA
What's an NDA?
Non-disclosure agreement?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Jack.R. wrote: I think you guys would not be interested to hear about the NGO that doesn't know how to fill the documents for get products trough custom without paying custom duty
I’d be interested to know this. I’ve never had to fill in any forms to avoid import tax. Just had to show the NGO license.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

khmerhamster wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:31 pm
Jack.R. wrote: I think you guys would not be interested to hear about the NGO that doesn't know how to fill the documents for get products trough custom without paying custom duty
I’d be interested to know this. I’ve never had to fill in any forms to avoid import tax. Just had to show the NGO license.
You have an NGO license? Can I buy you a beer?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

Have you had your your NGO for a very long time?
Because the standard procedure requires that prior to receiving the the items, you must fill a document requesting the exemption at the custom office in vattanak tower that explains in detail what you will be importing including shipping weight, quantity etc...
They will approve the document with a stamp and with that document in hand plus your NGO license you can retrieve your items from customs.
I am referring to larger shipment not post office parcels.
I have a scanned copy of one of those documents if you wish to see it.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

StroppyChops wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:59 pm
You have an NGO license? Can I buy you a beer?
You can get NGO licenses from the men selling fire extinguishers or the man in the cat detector van, they're actually dog licenses with the word dog crossed out and NGO written in crayon. :lol:

Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

Anyway regarding the previous post I strongly recommend to go through the right procedure,
Another NGO got hit by a serious tax bill because they couldn't provide the right paper when they had to renew their license.
The ministry essentially assumes that if you don't get your paperwork right you are using the NGO for import products and sell them; than they proceed to tax you accordingly, now the tax officers get a very large cut of their fines so they are very zealous and love to go through your old files.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic