A Man Get Shock by Electronic Fishing Equipment

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

A Man Get Shock by Electronic Fishing Equipment

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Prey Veng: On January 30, at 1:30 pm a 37 year old Cambodian man, Chean Ra got shocked by electronic fishing while he was trying to catch fish in the pond near his house.

The victim went to take the wire connected to electricity from his neighbor's house to prepare for fishing fish in the pond near his house. The victim stepped on the wire, get shocked and pass out immediately.
After the incident, Victim's relative has saved him by covering him with the sand in the village.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: A Man Get Shock by Electronic Fishing Equipment

Post by Arget »

Maybe I am stupid but how was he saved by burying him in sand?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Arget wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:30 pm Maybe I am stupid but how was he saved by burying him in sand?
It's either that or using lemons (limes).
LatinGemini
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by LatinGemini »

It's based on an ancient practice.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I have seen them cover victims with sand before. Often electric shocks destroy the internal organs by overheating them. They must think that by cooling the body they can make a difference, I doubt that this is so. He was just lucky.
Who would have thought that electricity and water don't mix.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Yeah, the burying in sand is a common practice after electrocution. I'm no scientist or anything but I can't figure out how this would help. It would probably help to be grounded before you get electrocuted? I used to live near a lake and there were always a few guys walking about with a 12 volt battery in their backpack and a pair of rods to zap fish with. They were pretty fucking useless as far as yields went. The guys who had nets could catch stuff, these guys were just losers (probably on meth) going around giving electric shocks to pond animals. Fucking idiots. Worse than dynamite fishermen.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I had to ask s he seemed to being treated with the usual cure all the "Drip" and thought he may have been attended to by a doctor so presumed the sand treatment had a purpose.

Also don't see why he was going to use in the "pond" as hard to believe that any fish in that small puddle. =@
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by console »

Surprised they didn't start "coining him" ...
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:40 am Yeah, the burying in sand is a common practice after electrocution. I'm no scientist or anything but I can't figure out how this would help. It would probably help to be grounded before you get electrocuted? I used to live near a lake and there were always a few guys walking about with a 12 volt battery in their backpack and a pair of rods to zap fish with. They were pretty fucking useless as far as yields went. The guys who had nets could catch stuff, these guys were just losers (probably on meth) going around giving electric shocks to pond animals. Fucking idiots. Worse than dynamite fishermen.
I don't know about that, while you can't be the smartest tool in the shed using electricity in water to kill fish(or shoot them with a gun for that matter) the dynamite idiots destroy the reef in the process and any person unlucky enough to be in the water in the vicinity.
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Seasquatch wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:13 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:40 am Yeah, the burying in sand is a common practice after electrocution. I'm no scientist or anything but I can't figure out how this would help. It would probably help to be grounded before you get electrocuted? I used to live near a lake and there were always a few guys walking about with a 12 volt battery in their backpack and a pair of rods to zap fish with. They were pretty fucking useless as far as yields went. The guys who had nets could catch stuff, these guys were just losers (probably on meth) going around giving electric shocks to pond animals. Fucking idiots. Worse than dynamite fishermen.
I don't know about that, while you can't be the smartest tool in the shed using electricity in water to kill fish(or shoot them with a gun for that matter) the dynamite idiots destroy the reef in the process and any person unlucky enough to be in the water in the vicinity.
cambodia has a reef?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic