A Man Get Shock by Electronic Fishing Equipment

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Posts: 35855
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
Reputation: 1979
Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contact:
Cambodia

A Man Get Shock by Electronic Fishing Equipment

Post by CEOCambodiaNews » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:43 pm

Prey Veng: On January 30, at 1:30 pm a 37 year old Cambodian man, Chean Ra got shocked by electronic fishing while he was trying to catch fish in the pond near his house.

The victim went to take the wire connected to electricity from his neighbor's house to prepare for fishing fish in the pond near his house. The victim stepped on the wire, get shocked and pass out immediately.
After the incident, Victim's relative has saved him by covering him with the sand in the village.

Image
Image
Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
Arget
Expatriate
Posts: 2337
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:44 am
Reputation: 984
Location: Phnom Penh
Contact:
Australia

Re: A Man Get Shock by Electronic Fishing Equipment

Post by Arget » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:30 pm

Maybe I am stupid but how was he saved by burying him in sand?
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 11239
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Reputation: 2674
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: A Man Get Shock by Electronic Fishing Equipment

Post by Username Taken » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:35 pm

Arget wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:30 pm
Maybe I am stupid but how was he saved by burying him in sand?
It's either that or using lemons (limes).
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
User avatar
LatinGemini
Expatriate
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:27 pm
Reputation: 4
United States of America

Re: A Man Get Shock by Electronic Fishing Equipment

Post by LatinGemini » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:25 am

It's based on an ancient practice.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Posts: 1521
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:11 am
Reputation: 272
Location: Australia
Albania

Re: A Man Get Shock by Electronic Fishing Equipment

Post by willyhilly » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:38 am

I have seen them cover victims with sand before. Often electric shocks destroy the internal organs by overheating them. They must think that by cooling the body they can make a difference, I doubt that this is so. He was just lucky.
Who would have thought that electricity and water don't mix.
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 7869
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 3674
Yemen

Re: A Man Get Shock by Electronic Fishing Equipment

Post by John Bingham » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:40 am

Yeah, the burying in sand is a common practice after electrocution. I'm no scientist or anything but I can't figure out how this would help. It would probably help to be grounded before you get electrocuted? I used to live near a lake and there were always a few guys walking about with a 12 volt battery in their backpack and a pair of rods to zap fish with. They were pretty fucking useless as far as yields went. The guys who had nets could catch stuff, these guys were just losers (probably on meth) going around giving electric shocks to pond animals. Fucking idiots. Worse than dynamite fishermen.
User avatar
Arget
Expatriate
Posts: 2337
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:44 am
Reputation: 984
Location: Phnom Penh
Contact:
Australia

Re: A Man Get Shock by Electronic Fishing Equipment

Post by Arget » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:56 am

I had to ask s he seemed to being treated with the usual cure all the "Drip" and thought he may have been attended to by a doctor so presumed the sand treatment had a purpose.

Also don't see why he was going to use in the "pond" as hard to believe that any fish in that small puddle. =@
User avatar
console
Expatriate
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:18 pm
Reputation: 11
Cambodia

Re: A Man Get Shock by Electronic Fishing Equipment

Post by console » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:27 pm

Surprised they didn't start "coining him" ...
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
User avatar
Seasquatch
Expatriate
Posts: 434
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:55 pm
Reputation: 159
United States of America

Re: A Man Get Shock by Electronic Fishing Equipment

Post by Seasquatch » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:13 pm

John Bingham wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:40 am
Yeah, the burying in sand is a common practice after electrocution. I'm no scientist or anything but I can't figure out how this would help. It would probably help to be grounded before you get electrocuted? I used to live near a lake and there were always a few guys walking about with a 12 volt battery in their backpack and a pair of rods to zap fish with. They were pretty fucking useless as far as yields went. The guys who had nets could catch stuff, these guys were just losers (probably on meth) going around giving electric shocks to pond animals. Fucking idiots. Worse than dynamite fishermen.
I don't know about that, while you can't be the smartest tool in the shed using electricity in water to kill fish(or shoot them with a gun for that matter) the dynamite idiots destroy the reef in the process and any person unlucky enough to be in the water in the vicinity.
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
Posts: 1094
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:14 pm
Reputation: 108
United States of America

Re: A Man Get Shock by Electronic Fishing Equipment

Post by bangkokhooker » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Seasquatch wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:13 pm
John Bingham wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:40 am
Yeah, the burying in sand is a common practice after electrocution. I'm no scientist or anything but I can't figure out how this would help. It would probably help to be grounded before you get electrocuted? I used to live near a lake and there were always a few guys walking about with a 12 volt battery in their backpack and a pair of rods to zap fish with. They were pretty fucking useless as far as yields went. The guys who had nets could catch stuff, these guys were just losers (probably on meth) going around giving electric shocks to pond animals. Fucking idiots. Worse than dynamite fishermen.
I don't know about that, while you can't be the smartest tool in the shed using electricity in water to kill fish(or shoot them with a gun for that matter) the dynamite idiots destroy the reef in the process and any person unlucky enough to be in the water in the vicinity.
cambodia has a reef?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anchor Moy, bunfuntamun, FrankReynolds, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Joakim, JohnLocke, Kohker, Marty, Nav and 628 guests