Best Coffee

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Best Coffee

Post by Duncan »

I have only tried coffee a few times from the big sellers like Starbucks. Amazon. McDonalds and others.. and have never enjoyed one.
However I was in Malaysia in Nebong Tabal . way
up north. recently and in the early morning when everything was still closed. dying for a coffee. I sat down at a small side stall and had the best hot coffee I have ever had. And only cost 2.5 mr
It's not the first time that this has happen.
The big players have certainly got to learn something off the small players.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Best Coffee

Post by that genius »

Sundance has good coffee, but Hagar rules.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Duncan wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:32 pm I sat down at a small side stall and had the best hot coffee I have ever had. And only cost 2.5 mr
I much prefer the coffee at dirty little viet style coffee shops in a small glass with sweet milk to the fancy coffee shops with expensive coffee making machines.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:38 pm
Duncan wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:32 pm I sat down at a small side stall and had the best hot coffee I have ever had. And only cost 2.5 mr
I much prefer the coffee at dirty little viet style coffee shops in a small glass with sweet milk to the fancy coffee shops with expensive coffee making machines.
Problem with those is that they add things like soy beans, corn and even ground up batteries.
w2no
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by w2no »

;) in PP same story. Few local coffee beats such big ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

hanno wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:43 pmProblem with those is that they add things like soy beans, corn and even ground up batteries.
Shocking!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

love the street stall iced coffees
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:38 pm
I walk each day about 0530 and end up at a small mum and pop kerb restaurant on 51 off 108. I have a home brewed hot coffee with sweet milk. Great way to start the day then walk another 30 mins home. =@
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

Apart from instant coffee, I am very fond of Vietnamese coffee.
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

I buy a nice lao arabica let a sweet girl grind the beans for me on the spot.
Then I make my own coffee with a french press and drink it on the balcony.
Use kulen water for the coffee.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic