Where to buy good value computers?

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Where to buy good value computers?

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

GTC7 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:23 am Bought a 2kw UPS and misc things at Chantra.
I bought one of those too. Sometimes it would go click, click, click, click. It drove me mad. I cursed myself for buying a cheap POS. Then I moved to an new apt. and it works perfectly. The power supply was in the old building must have been unstable.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:34 pm
GTC7 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:23 am Bought a 2kw UPS and misc things at Chantra.
I bought one of those too. Sometimes it would go click, click, click, click. It drove me mad. I cursed myself for buying a cheap POS. Then I moved to an new apt. and it works perfectly. The power supply was in the old building must have been unstable.
This was our exact experience. We burned out three or four small UPS's, eventually bought a larger one - but always, tick tick tick. Moved house, only about 250m away, I've never heard any of the UPS's chatter once.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
w2no
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by w2no »

Ok I noted well. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

I bought one of those power consumption meters like a Kill-A-Watt from AliExpress recently. It would have been interesting to see the volts fluctate in the old place. Pretty stable 238v here. 10w use for a UPS on idle without load.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
GTC7
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GTC7 »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:34 pm
The "cure" if you have fluctuating power is to reprogram it to always be on voltage stabilize mode. There's a low voltage trigger which switches it between bypass and voltage regulator mode, so deactivating that stops the clicking. It uses more power though (about $15 a month for me give or take), but then again I get a constant 192-198 volts in my apartment, so it's always running.

Another thing I've found helped as well was to run it more often on DC power if the voltage dipped often into the 170-180 range, so I programmed it to switch to battery bank mode at 190 volts, or if I knew the day time was going to be particularly bad for voltage dips and spikes, I simply ran it on battery mode most of the day.
Luca_Scott
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Luca_Scott »

I think Amazon is the best site to buy a computer.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Luca_Scott wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:46 pm I think Amazon is the best site to buy a computer.
Really? Well isn't that just fantastic then because Amazon doesn't ship computers to Cambodia.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Dozens of computer shops on Kampuchea Krom. High spec has a high price, here, or anywhere.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Tottenham Court road

charlie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic