Ferguson , this is really getting out of hand

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Ferguson , this is really getting out of hand

Post by frank lee bent »

touche
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

frank lee bent wrote:if it walks like a duck....................
.... give it to giblet.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Dr Anik wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:... I'll listen to thousands of people who study this religiously and spend their time understanding it scientifically
note the word scientifically...

odd, i thought all of the climate change deniers had shut up out of humiliation or just died off...
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:Note, he holds ZERO degrees in climate science or any related discipline.
Intended?
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

OrangeDragon wrote:
Dr Anik wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:... I'll listen to thousands of people who study this religiously and spend their time understanding it scientifically
note the word scientifically...

odd, i thought all of the climate change deniers had shut up out of humiliation or just died off...
%) Do you never question anything your told or think for yourself ?
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:odd, i thought all of the climate change deniers had shut up out of humiliation or just died off...
Interestingly, the global warming enthusiasts who were so right have gone quiet too, or have changed their religion to global warming (yes, there IS a difference politically).

Edit: I badly hashed this post. My point was that global warming enthusiasts have gone quiet or changed their mantra to climate change, which is different..
Last edited by StroppyChops on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

frank lee bent wrote:scientists' work is subject to criticism and review so any conspiracy by them is doomed prima facie.
governments, esp when in the hands of business and business media organs on the other hand, are natural conspirators.

see the work of Bernays.
no, surely peer review is part of the conspiracy. thousands of scientists coming to the same conclusions, all because they were bribed to do so, and not a single whistleblower with professional integrity in the lot.

only the rare few scientists in unrelated fields (or non scientists in some cases) being paid for by selling their DVDs to the millions who buy into conspiracy theories are brave enough to speak the truth!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

StroppyChops wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:odd, i thought all of the climate change deniers had shut up out of humiliation or just died off...
Interestingly, the global warming enthusiasts who were so right have gone quiet too, or have changed their religion to global warming (yes, there IS a difference politically).
The scientists haven't... most have gone quiet because they see no need to keep trying to preach it. those who understand, understand... those who want to wear foil hats and break up clouds with their orgone beams will never listen long enough to understand.

and beaker... do you suggest I go study for 8 years in the discipline of climate science then to be ABLE to form an independent position on it after spending another 4-6 doing my own independant research?

is that how you've formed your independent opinion on it? if not, you're just buying what someone else told you as well... the difference is difference in the value of the people telling us.

and to answer you... i was questioning global warming for a VERY long time. up until about the last 3 years actually. the scientific evidence provided finally swayed me. i wasn't ever questioning some grand conspiracy of scientists... only that the science wasn't complete enough. i now believe it to be... and pointing to man made increases in planetary temperature. meanwhile i'm well aware of the tea party spin machine using things like air/surface temperature charts to prove their points, while leaving out ocean temperatures. and so on...
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

OrangeDragon wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
The scientists haven't... most have gone quiet because they see no need to keep trying to preach it. those who understand, understand... those who want to wear foil hats and break up clouds with their orgone beams will never listen long enough to understand.

and beaker... do you suggest I go study for 8 years in the discipline of climate science then to be ABLE to form an independent position on it after spending another 4-6 doing my own independant research?

is that how you've formed your independent opinion on it? if not, you're just buying what someone else told you as well... the difference is difference in the value of the people telling us.

and to answer you... i was questioning global warming for a VERY long time. up until about the last 3 years actually. the scientific evidence provided finally swayed me. i wasn't ever questioning some grand conspiracy of scientists... only that the science wasn't complete enough. i now believe it to be... and pointing to man made increases in planetary temperature. meanwhile i'm well aware of the tea party spin machine using things like air/surface temperature charts to prove their points, while leaving out ocean temperatures. and so on...

Climate Change is a threat but Syria and Iraq Caliphate? pshhh That is so 12th century dude. LolOLoLoloLoL
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

OrangeDragon wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:

Nope just try questioning what you are told by Rush, Sarah Palin and Fox news and use common sense

I use common sense and life experiences to form my opinions no one tells me what to think or say

Ah, the Tea Party the famous global warming think tank. Who in there right mind would question anything they say
:facepalm:
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic