Digital calipers

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Digital calipers

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Aliexpress is being weird right now, so does anyone know where I can get a semi-decent pair of digital calipers and how much they would cost? I'm talking 10-15$ range here, not Mitutoyo...

Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Digital calipers

Post by OrangeDragon »

i can't remember if home top had them or not... they did have a pretty nice tool selection though so it wouldn't surprise me.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:i can't remember if home top had them or not... they did have a pretty nice tool selection though so it wouldn't surprise me.
I'm fairly confident they didn't the last time we were there (in the last month), that would have registered. Also, anything with lasers.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I have both analog and digital calipers. The analog I got here in Cambo/Snooky(made in China) and the digital I had sent from the US. (interestingly also made in China, but seems to be better quality than what I can buy in Cambo) Amazon.com has digital calipers and I believe they will ship to Cambo.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Went looking around today. Home Top don't have any. Russian market and a few shops outside of Russian Market have some. Weirdly enough, the cheapest price quoted was OUTSIDE the market... Decided to wait out as I don't absolutely need them, and it would be cheaper to import from Aliexpress anyways.
reflexline
Expatriate

Post by reflexline »

HomeTop sell a plastic version for a dollar (that would be completely useless). Mitutoyo non digital ones go for 22-23 dollars in TTP, Chinese ones for about half that.

I haven't seen any digital ones here - over in Aus you are looking at around 150-200 dollars for an entry level one.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Went looking around today. Home Top don't have any. Russian market and a few shops outside of Russian Market have some. Weirdly enough, the cheapest price quoted was OUTSIDE the market... Decided to wait out as I don't absolutely need them, and it would be cheaper to import from Aliexpress anyways.
As a matter of interest what price were you quoted for the the digital calipers outside the market?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

I was quoted 22-28$ inside the market (28$ seemed like a set price). They all had the same set, which goes for roughly 10$-15$ on Aliexpress (not the one I wanted to order). Several places outside the market gave me similar quotes but the first place I went to quoted me 15$. For 15$ it's a fair price as the case it came in was nice. Most Khmers don't seem to understand that I can order this stuff for 11$ for China...

My brother has a very similar one. It wasn't crazy good but I tested it on 0.5 and 0.7 leads and it performed ok. Easy to zero and all, but obviously a bit flimsy. What do you expect for the price... If you need more than .00 accuracy calipers are probably not even what you need. Saw some really decent normal vernier calipers inside the market though, although they were 27$. I decided to wait out as I don't absolutely need one now. Might borrow those from the machine shop instead.
ryoon
Expatriate

Post by ryoon »

In Bangkok
digital version 29$ non digital 15$ version. Probably possible to shave the price a little by looking around but I double that will be by much.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic