Fortnite

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Fortnite

Post by John Bingham »

StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:11 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:15 am My kid plays it, he's pretty good and has gotten 1st place about 6 times.
I mean this as a positive, I reckon your kid would be scary at any PvP game.
Well he plays online against a few adult friends and destroys them! He's pretty active other than that, playing football a few times besides that so I'm not so concerned. I've noticed him and his friends do get very argumentative during games though, and the fact that you can't just pause it and get back to it later means it's annoying when something more important like dinner comes up. I've never played it myself, I've lost interest in games since the Playstation/ PS2 days. Some I like playing the rare time, like Far Cry 5, mainly because the graphics are so amazing. I'm looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2 which is coming out soon, it's like GTA but in the Wild West.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Yeah red dead redemption 2 looks like it’s going to be amazing.

I’m more excited for the last of us 2. The last of us has to be one of my all time favorite games.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

In my technology lecturing days I taught games design and development as a side-interest, and in those days it was a close call (for teaching purposes) between Unreal and Unity, but the Unreal game engine is utterly amazing. In instances where it's used for animated movies, the texture mapping has to be dialed back a little as it's too realistically human, which is off-putting for viewers. It's stunning!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:47 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:11 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:15 am My kid plays it, he's pretty good and has gotten 1st place about 6 times.
I mean this as a positive, I reckon your kid would be scary at any PvP game.
Well he plays online against a few adult friends and destroys them! He's pretty active other than that, playing football a few times besides that so I'm not so concerned. I've noticed him and his friends do get very argumentative during games though, and the fact that you can't just pause it and get back to it later means it's annoying when something more important like dinner comes up. I've never played it myself, I've lost interest in games since the Playstation/ PS2 days. Some I like playing the rare time, like Far Cry 5, mainly because the graphics are so amazing. I'm looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2 which is coming out soon, it's like GTA but in the Wild West.
I knew a kid (well, his mother) in Oz who was top 10 in WoW. Kid was not normal! Mind you, neither was his mother, who was a little over-invested in her kid's chosen career. Turned out she had a fondness for much younger men. Let's call them boys.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:36 pm
StroppyChops wrote:This is my first contact with Fortnite, which shows I'm slipping as a gamer. Can a player tell me if the video below is in-game footage or hi-res trailer?

Also, worth jumping straight in and buying a pass?

Hi res trailer but not far off gameplay.

I’m having fun playing without buying anything. Makes it a bit more challenging but I’ve never been a fan of pay to play games so won’t buy shit out of principle.
It's a free game. You don't need a pass. I paid for some DLC one time that just ended up being some nonsense extra clothes or whatever. Then my kid got shut out of that account so it was a total waste. He reckoned that having some fancy suit would impress other players and convince them that you weren't a "noob", I said it was better just wearing the noob outfit because then other players would let down their guard a bit. He's been pressing me to buy a battle-pass recently, I'm not convinced of its value.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:58 pm
I knew a kid (well, his mother) in Oz who was top 10 in WoW. Kid was not normal! Mind you, neither was his mother, who was a little over-invested in her kid's chosen career. Turned out she had a fondness for much younger men. Let's call them boys.
Getting #1 in Fortnite isn't quite the same as that, you're just playing a fairly random group of 100 who with the huge numbers playing worldwide are likely quite new to the game themselves. He plays on a PS4 server, the really serious players play on gaming PCs.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:14 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:58 pm
Getting #1 in Fortnite isn't quite the same as that, you're just playing a fairly random group of 100 who with the huge numbers playing worldwide are likely quite new to the game themselves. He plays on a PS4 server, the really serious players play on gaming PCs.
Ah, okay. Still impressive though. The kid I mentioned was top 10 WoW global. He thought he was a rockstar, we thought he was a wanker.

Interestingly one of the guys I used to manage (he's an electrical engineering lecturer) was global top 100 in WoW - no-one even knew he was a gamer until he asked for leave unexpectedly to travel to an overseas tournament.
w2no
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by w2no »

I’m on the iOS iPhone X only. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

w2no wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:28 pm I’m on the iOS iPhone X only. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so?

it works on iPhone X just need to wait for it to install
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic