How much baby formula can I bring to Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
jmagic
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: How much baby formula can I bring to Cambodia?

Post by jmagic »

fax wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:06 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:48 am Prescriptions for baby formula! In what "real countries"?
Countries like England, Ireland and Sweden for example require a prescription for baby formula. There's the whole WHO International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes code to take into account among others, which they care about here too by the way.

Apparently in New Zealand you need to sign a form of consent in order for the maternity hospital to feed your kids powder.
The Waitemata District Health Board, which runs maternity units at its North Shore and Waitakere hospitals, is among 18 DHBs nationally to require completion of an informed consent document before a baby is fed formula.
Pathetic.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

fax wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:06 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:48 am Prescriptions for baby formula! In what "real countries"?
Countries like England, Ireland and Sweden for example require a prescription for baby formula.
They also require a prescription to have a shit. In short, they are ferked nanny states. They are not 'real' countries. Cambodia is a real country.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

How many cans of formula can you fit up your ass? Why are you bringing formula? Similac is Singaporean made and about $23 a can, or you can have the fancy French stuff which is about 30. Every supermarket stocks them.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Apparently in New Zealand you need to sign a form of consent in order for the maternity hospital to feed your kids powder.
The Waitemata District Health Board, which runs maternity units at its North Shore and Waitakere hospitals, is among 18 DHBs nationally to require completion of an informed consent document before a baby is fed formula.
That is not a prescription, that is just getting consent from the mother to give their baby formula, not all mothers want their children to drink formula.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

Just give the kid a beer, and they will be all set.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

cptrelentless wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:16 pm How many cans of formula can you fit up your ass? Why are you bringing formula? Similac is Singaporean made and about $23 a can, or you can have the fancy French stuff which is about 30. Every supermarket stocks them.
It's few years since I bought any, but there has been a wide range of formulas available here since long before my kid was born. The Similac I used to buy was actually produced in Ireland, although it's a US brand. Dumex is another one, there's even a neighbourhood here called Psah Dumex because there was once a factory for the stuff there. So there is no need to bring any unless it's much cheaper abroad, and I'm not sure there is any considerable difference. I might be wrong.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:25 pm
cptrelentless wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:16 pm How many cans of formula can you fit up your ass? Why are you bringing formula? Similac is Singaporean made and about $23 a can, or you can have the fancy French stuff which is about 30. Every supermarket stocks them.
It's few years since I bought any, but there has been a wide range of formulas available here since long before my kid was born. The Similac I used to buy was actually produced in Ireland, although it's a US brand. Dumex is another one, there's even a neighbourhood here called Psah Dumex because there was once a factory for the stuff there. So there is no need to bring any unless it's much cheaper abroad, and I'm not sure there is any considerable difference. I might be wrong.
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-2 ... ry/9671012
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:44 am I’ve been asked to bring baby formula. Apparently brand not available in the KOW. Flying into Phnom Penh. Any restrictions on how many cans I can bring? Or what’s the threshold before Cambodian customs considers it commercial (vs. personal use), and decides to charge and import fee?
Did it occur to you that you may have been asked to bring baby formula because it's easy to sell and it's fairly expensive...
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

John Bingham wrote:
Depends... If its just simple basic formula just get it here. The special formula my son uses is $55 a can here and only $16 a can in the US, hence my bringing back 15 cans.

Sent from my CPH1605 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic