New VIP Nightlife Guidelines

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: New VIP Nightlife Guidelines

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Sidewalker wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:54 pm On July 31 I send a pm to one of the mods, until now I get no answer or access to the VIP section!
Sorry to hear that, drop me a PM and ill see what i can do mate
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Sidewalker wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:54 pm On July 31 I send a pm to one of the mods, until now I get no answer or access to the VIP section!
Sorry to hear that, drop me a PM and ill see what i can do mate
Sorry, that was me, and I've got a few more I need to get back to, just get busy sometimes. I'll get caught up on PMs later this week.

Again, we still have the regular Nightlife section. Members in the VIP section voiced their concerns that it should be made more restrictive, and several agreed, and I don't recall anyone really active enough in there disputing it, so that was kind of the point.

No system will satisfy everyone, we get that, and making it more restrictive wasn't to 'punish' anyone.

Some people would prefer that to get in you're someone with a decent reputation of not outing members, etc., and at least know someone else already in there who can vouch for you being an ok mofo. How can anyone vouch for you if not a single person has ANY clue who you might be?

And again, this idea was brought up in there and discussed by many, and I don't recall anyone being against the idea.

And of course, if you happen to know one of us, let us know, but if any anonymous sock/member can get in, there isn't even a point in having it.

I've even looked into a way to make it so that all posts in there are just from 'blank' or even another/second handle, but didn't find something that would work. (Maybe a 'second handle' modification would work, but we have a developer working on a few more things right now, and I think it would be weeks before we could even bring up any new ideas with them.) We haven't given up, so it's possible we'll find a perfect solution, but who knows when. Took almost a year to get our karma function sorted out again, and of course, some people still don't think that's perfect, LoL, so it's always always a work in progress to get things exactly how we want when it comes to setting up features or anything like that.

Just look at Violet's post. It goes something like this:

'I want in.'

'Send us a PM.'

'Well, I don't want to have to ask.'

Jeez, that's somebody NOT being difficult. Why wouldn't we want them in all of our secret forums? (Not to pick on you, dear Violet, but it's just such a good example of the kind of 'concerns' that would be hard for anyone to address and come to a working solution on.)

I don't get why having a nightlife section that says you need to know someone and be a contributing member is such an outrageous idea. And I genuinely apologize to anyone who's taken offense to the new requirements, but it's not like we are asking for things that are unfair, show bias or even require something that you can't do.

And bottom line is Lambo has said numerous times to send him a PM to discuss it. Have most people tried that, or is simply airing your grievances of higher importance?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I didn't have a grievance. I failed to understand why I needed to PM to ask when I'd already asked. I don't out posters. Do either of you know me well, like some of the posters? No, but surely well enough to know I don't out people.

You gave info in your post, .... That the pm is to start a discussion, not just doing it because that's the bureaucratic method agreed by admin and mods. However, still.. .why didn't Jamie then follow up with a PM. Do you see? I didn't, and still don't, understand the PM requirement. Perhaps it is so refusal can be done discretely if a poster is thought to not be going to contribute much as they don't go out regularly to hostess bars. Fair enough.

Anyway. No grievance. Just a lack of understanding and no desire to deal with red tape.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

violet wrote:I don't out posters. Do either of you know me well, like some of the posters? No, but surely well enough to know I don't out people.
I agree with that. Besides what I would consider to be 'overly negative at times,' I personally think you're a fine member of any community you're a part of. That said, the 'BESIDES' I used above is almost big enough to render the rest of the statement fucking useless, LoL. And really, I hated to single you out, but it was just such a catch-22 the way you kinda asked, were told to get in touch privately, and then announce that it's simply too much red tape.

Ok, considering that the rules of the VIP Nightlife section are quite similar to those of Fight Club, I'll lock this, as it's all been laid out, and anyone who wishes to discuss this further can get in touch with us privately. :thumb:

Thanks.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I hate beauracracy for the sake of it. What can i say? <Shrug> lol

Jamie said pM. He didn't say discuss. It read like PM to formally request what you already requested
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Locked Previous topicNext topic