Administration/Moderation Concerns?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Post by Username Taken »

Brewer wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:06 pm What changed regarding access to the restricted area of the forum?
I was able to access the Nightlife section but went to have a look today and the permissions I previously had been granted that enabled me to view and post there have seemingly been removed. :unknown:
post267197.html#p267197
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

General Mackevili wrote:Based on your screenshot, you got onto the wrong column.

You are on 'subscribed' and you should tap the 'unread' to only see new replies you haven't read or 'new posts' to see them all.

You can't scroll up or down either, as it appears you have subscribed to 3 topics, and those 3 are displayed, so nowhere to scroll.

Let us know if clicking on a different section solves your issue.
We'll done mate. Cheers, all fixed.
Stupid old guys! Lol.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

This morning I clicked through the Recent Topics thing on the front page and to my great amusement I was led to a Darknet link with a naked white guy that checked out belly up.

I know I’m opted in but it would be nice if the darknet threads could have some kind of indication they’re darknet threads. They’re often called the same thing as in Newsworthy and it would be nice to opt-out of clicking during breakfast for example.

Maybe the word DARKNET could be added in red to those thread titles? At least when they’re listed outside the darknet.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

fax wrote:This morning I clicked through the Recent Topics thing on the front page and to my great amusement I was led to a Darknet link with a naked white guy that checked out belly up.

I know I’m opted in but it would be nice if the darknet threads could have some kind of indication they’re darknet threads. They’re often called the same thing as in Newsworthy and it would be nice to opt-out of clicking during breakfast for example.

Maybe the word DARKNET could be added in red to those thread titles? At least when they’re listed outside the darknet.
Yeah, we try to put 'DARKNET' at the beginning of titles in there, for the exact reason you mention, and we will try to be more consistent doing that. Thanks, and I went ahead and marked the topic is question. Sorry about that.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

fax wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:39 am This morning I clicked through the Recent Topics thing on the front page and to my great amusement I was led to a Darknet link with a naked white guy that checked out belly up.

one reason why i like not having access. ( thank u guys)
dont need to see dead guys and that seems to be what that section is only about :stir:

Maybe a darknet dead people subsection
and a darknet
things we dont want discuss in public..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

CEO member called "fax" just gave me 48 negative feedback ratings one after the other. How childish.
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Artful Dodger wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:35 pm CEO member called "fax" just gave me 48 negative feedback ratings one after the other. How childish.
Aww! Poor you. Never mention the negative points you gave me for no reason other than politely disagreeing with you.

I presented you with an opinion that you disagreed with and you gave me negative karma. I presented indisputable facts and showed that you were wrong. Instead of answering my question you gave me negative karma again.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes... Here's what you gave me negative karma for pointing out. You wanted revenge, yes? Your poor ego was hurt. You ran out of arguments but you had karma points. I had some, too, and now you're crying about it! :plus1:

Artful Dodger wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:39 pm I know this girl. She used to work as hostess at "Crazy Girls" bar on Bui Vien Street in Saigon.
Artful Dodger wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:22 am I did not say she was a hostess. I merely said she previously worked there.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Artful Dodger wrote:CEO member called "fax" just gave me 48 negative feedback ratings one after the other. How childish.
fax wrote:
Artful Dodger wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:35 pm CEO member called "fax" just gave me 48 negative feedback ratings one after the other. How childish.
Aww! Poor you. Never mention the negative points you gave me for no reason other than politely disagreeing with you.

I presented you with an opinion that you disagreed with and you gave me negative karma. I presented indisputable facts and showed that you were wrong. Instead of answering my question you gave me negative karma again.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes... Here's what you gave me negative karma for pointing out. You wanted revenge, yes? Your poor ego was hurt. You ran out of arguments but you had karma points. I had some, too, and now you're crying about it! :plus1:

Artful Dodger wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:39 pm I know this girl. She used to work as hostess at "Crazy Girls" bar on Bui Vien Street in Saigon.
Artful Dodger wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:22 am I did not say she was a hostess. I merely said she previously worked there.
Yeah, we don't need that. Negative karma should really be used for when you think a post on CEO shouldn't be on here, but not just when you disagree with someone's opinion.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

yet u still have +56 :D
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:10 pm
Artful Dodger wrote:CEO member called "fax" just gave me 48 negative feedback ratings one after the other. How childish.
fax wrote:

Yeah, we don't need that. Negative karma should really be used for when you think a post on CEO shouldn't be on here, but not just when you disagree with someone's opinion.
The Kama Queen does a good job of giving kama when it's needed. Perhaps we need a Kama King to take a few kama points away .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic