Englishman MARK SMITH (Golden Bridge International School Vice Principal) Arrested in Cambodia for Child Sex Crimes

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
sousadeyy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Englishman MARK SMITH (Golden Bridge International School Vice Principal) Arrested in Cambodia for Child Sex Crimes

Post by sousadeyy »

fax wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:30 am
sousadeyy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:28 am So Mark is back in England with his two kids. Cleared of all charges.

What does that say about Aple who were so quick to boast about how they helped catch and convict a paedophile and happily shared news articles left right and centre.

Scumbags.
Clearly this was all a CPP conspiracy designed to take down Mark Smith's boss. Perhaps you would like to know the story before aligning yourself with it.

Come back after you've read the thread and try again?
I think you have misunderstood me sir. Please go back and read my previous comments on the thread. Maybe my message didn't come across clearly. My point was that aples approach to this case was disgusting from the start!
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Englishman MARK SMITH (Golden Bridge International School Vice Principal) Arrested in Cambodia for Child Sex Crimes

Post by fax »

sousadeyy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:33 am I think you have misunderstood me sir. Please go back and read my previous comments on the thread. Maybe my message didn't come across clearly. My point was that aples approach to this case was disgusting from the start!
Perhaps, I haven't been paying close attention to Aple.

Mark Smith's story that he is innocent goes something like this... Evil CPP politicians wanted to take down Mark Smith's CNRP voting boss who is also a school director, so the evil CPP had no choice but to frame Mark Smith and have him arrested. Mark Smith has not yet revealed to us how this would all have unfolded or why, despite having made promises to do months ago.

According to Mark Smith it was all a giant conspiracy targeting the school director, not him. He never touched any kids. He was just a target of evil politicians.

It's hard to believe his story.
sousadeyy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by sousadeyy »

fax wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:36 am
sousadeyy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:33 am I think you have misunderstood me sir. Please go back and read my previous comments on the thread. Maybe my message didn't come across clearly. My point was that aples approach to this case was disgusting from the start!
Perhaps, I haven't been paying close attention to Aple.

Mark Smith's story that he is innocent goes something like this... Evil CPP politicians wanted to take down Mark Smith's CNRP voting boss who is also a school director, so the evil CPP had no choice but to frame Mark Smith and have him arrested. Mark Smith has not yet revealed to us how this would all have unfolded or why, despite having made promises to do months ago.

According to Mark Smith it was all a giant conspiracy targeting the school director, not him. He never touched any kids. He was just a target of evil politicians.
And that is all 100% true. So that makes aples actions during this case completely despicable. Using his name to.boast about how good they are, when the whole case is/was completely false.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

sousadeyy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:28 am So Mark is back in England with his two kids. Cleared of all charges.

What does that say about Aple who were so quick to boast about how they helped catch and convict a paedophile and happily shared news articles left right and centre.

Scumbags.
Why would you say he was "cleared of all charges"? He was sentenced. A sentence follows a finding of guilt, i.e. a conviction, via a trial or a plea of guilty. He was sentenced to two years in prison and ordered to pay a fine. The court suspended the two year sentence.

In short, he got a light sentence for sexually abusing a child in a corrupt country with lax law enforcement known to be a haven for Western pedophiles. He wasn't "cleared of all charges" by any stretch of the imagination.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... chool.html

https://nextshark.com/british-pedophile ... -cambodia/
Last edited by Cam Nivag on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
sousadeyy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by sousadeyy »

Cam Nivag wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:57 am

Scumbags.
Why would you say he was "cleared of all charges"? He was sentenced. A sentence generally follows a finding of guilt, via a trial or a plea of guilty. He was sentenced to two years in prison and ordered to pay a fine. The court suspended the two year sentence.

In short, he got a light sentence for sexually abusing a child in a corrupt country with lax law enforcement known to be a haven for Western pedophiles. He wasn't "cleared of all charges" by any stretch of the imagination.
Wrong, that was what was falsely reported in the media.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Is there proof to support that Aple and CPP conspired against the director of the school Mark Smith worked for? Because there are other convicted pedos saying the same thing. Most people you ask are innocent. Do you have more to present than his word?
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

sousadeyy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:59 am

Haha, fake news? The Daily Mail, the Sun, the Khmer Times, all just made up the two year suspended sentence? What is your basis for saying that?
sousadeyy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by sousadeyy »

fax wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:59 am Is there proof to support that Aple and CPP conspired against the director of the school Mark Smith worked for? Because there are other convicted pedos saying the same thing. Most people you ask are innocent. Do you have more to present than his word?
Go read my previous threads or just wait for his book.
sousadeyy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by sousadeyy »

Cam Nivag wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:02 pm
sousadeyy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:59 am

Haha, fake news? The Daily Mail, the Sun, the Khmer Times, all just made up the two year suspended sentence? What is your basis for saying that?
Well the sun and the mail, were just repurposing content. That leaves the Khmer times..... the shining pillar of journalism in the country.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

I’m not going to read a book to hear this man’s defense, sorry. It was promised he would post it here and he didn’t. As far as I’m concerned he, his book and anyone else spreading this story without any evidence is not credible. Pedos don’t want you to know they’re pedos. A CPP plot? Please. I need hard facts and evidence to stomach that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic