There's a Barang Running Around Phnom Penh Selling Meat Pies in Hostess Bars

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: There's a Barang Running Around Phnom Penh Selling Meat Pies in Hostess Bars

Post by dron »

No, he goes all over. Last time I saw him on Street 136 while I was doing my own "pie man" routine. I mean, I'm a man and I was holding on to some real prize pie.
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: There's a Barang Running Around Phnom Penh Selling Meat Pies in Hostess Bars

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: has anyone seen phnom penh streets 130,136 any quieter than the last 6 weeks,im on weekends only now :dm:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

PIEMAN wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:54 pm :stir: has anyone seen phnom penh streets 130,136 any quieter than the last 6 weeks,im on weekends only now :dm:
So what are you telling us,, because you dont sell pies during the week, the streets 130 and 136 are quieter, or ( 2 ) you have already made a million $ , so now you only need to sell on weekends.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Steven
Expatriate
France

Post by Steven »

AmericanSteve wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:41 am Damn! I want to do something just like this in China.
I want to sell food on a food truck.
I would advise not, without all the paperwork (which you'll probably not be able to get as a foreigner) the police will round you up fast.
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

Post by michael.stewart1 »

I have been considering trying something to similar to this. Not with meat pies but Empanadas. I think Cambodia needs Empanadas and perhaps also Coxinha, Ceviche, picarrones, Causa Rollena, and other delicious street foods from South America. Before coming to Asia 3 or 4 years ago I lived in South America for 3 years and I love South American food. I also miss the people and especially the beautiful ladies. Every woman I dated in SOuth America had careers and would at least offer to pay for dates. Women in Asia so far don't and I feel like a walking atm machine. I cringe whenever hear baby from my khmer girlfriend . I am always wondering what she needs money for now. Perhaps cambodia is the wrong Asian country for me. I wonder if Japan, Iran, Jordan, Turkey, or Saudi Arabia would be better Asian countries to look for wives in.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I wonder if Japan, Iran, Jordan, Turkey, or Saudi Arabia would be better Asian countries to look for wives in.
give it a try and report back
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Pie man will that be Friday to Sunday night?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

no just friday and saturday,its desperate out there. :facepalm:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

PIEMAN wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:17 am no just friday and saturday,its desperate out there. :facepalm:

Desperate? ?? You don't know what desperate is
There are guys hanging around all day wanting a pie, but nothing is available so they end up eating pork and rice. That's what desperate is.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Maybe people don't want to eat pies that taste like they were cooked on top of a hot water bottle for 6 and a half minutes
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic