Khmerican with Diabetes Needs GoFundMe Donations to Stay Alive in Battambang, Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Khmerican with Diabetes Needs GoFundMe Donations to Stay Alive in Battambang, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Rochester refugee suffering from cancer deported to Cambodia
August 2, 2018

Suffering from cancer and separated from his family, Sokchea Voeun is back in Cambodia — a country he has never known...

Read the full story: http://www.postbulletin.com/news/local/ ... 4441b.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Khmerican with Diabetes Needs GoFundMe Donations to Stay Alive in Battambang, Cambodia

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

More info - Looks like it may have been from domestic violence... (it this is the same person). Name, Town and age appear to match up.
Yes, I know it was mentioned in the article, but the info in the OLD warrant story gives more info. Don't know if anything else since 2014...

https://www.postbulletin.com/news/crime ... 1abce.html

Mugshot.
https://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Minnes ... 65576.html
What, Me worry?
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Dukes wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:34 pm His former government didn’t do this to him..he did it to himself by committing a crime that put him in jail. If you speak the language and know the law then why not become a citizen of the said country? There are plenty of people who are from war torn countries that have a second chance in another country, some become citizens and good citizens.

I get that he is from Cambodia and the whole killing fields and then live in a bad area where gangs and crime happens but that is no excuse for him to ever want to become a better in life.

Now that he is “left for dead” with no family or “ lack of medical care” sounds a little far fetched. Some will say I sound like an asshole but then he should of thought about not being a menace to society.
where does it say he comitted a crime?

charlie
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:02 am
Dukes wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:34 pm His former government didn’t do this to him..he did it to himself by committing a crime that put him in jail. If you speak the language and know the law then why not become a citizen of the said country? There are plenty of people who are from war torn countries that have a second chance in another country, some become citizens and good citizens.

I get that he is from Cambodia and the whole killing fields and then live in a bad area where gangs and crime happens but that is no excuse for him to ever want to become a better in life.

Now that he is “left for dead” with no family or “ lack of medical care” sounds a little far fetched. Some will say I sound like an asshole but then he should of thought about not being a menace to society.
where does it say he comitted a crime?

charlie
in the article 3 or so posts above...
http://www.postbulletin.com/news/local/ ... 4441b.html

more specific in the article

"Voeun served time in prison after being convicted of felony domestic assault and felony making terroristic threats to cause bodily harm. After discharge from prison, he was picked up by Immigration and Customs Enforcement."

I would assume that after being CONVICTED of felony domestic assault and felony making terroristic threats that it is somewhat likely he commited a crime.

:assasin:
What, Me worry?
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

yeah i saw it after i read more, i didn't see it in the original post though.

charlie
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:07 am yeah i saw it after i read more, i didn't see it in the original post though.

charlie
That's because the original post is a whitewash. Its BS that tries to get sympathy for him by saying he is separated from his family, when he was separated from them because he was trying to kill them. Of course the gullible fools who paid his Gofundme didn't think to look into that.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
leitfaden
Expatriate
Germany

Post by leitfaden »

...but it works.....2151 from 2000 $ are in !
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

He’d make more money picking up honest work for Burger King for 2 months and he’d keep his dignity too. GoFuckMe is a one time deal, no?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic