Diluted spirits at a bar...

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Re: Diluted spirits at a bar...

Post by wackyjacky »

Speaking of "tourist traps" - a pitcher of mojitos during happy hr is like $7 at the dreaded FCC & they make a proper one. Can't match the minimart experience though.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

wackyjacky wrote:Speaking of "tourist traps" - a pitcher of mojitos during happy hr is like $7 at the dreaded FCC & they make a proper one. Can't match the minimart experience though.
The girls shared one of those when we took an oz visitor on the obligatory FCC run, seemed to be full strength and good value. The two of them were definitely on their ear after sharing the jug, and they even forced one into me.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Drifter
Expatriate

Post by Drifter »

frank lee bent wrote:nay nay star has rat olympics on the walls right at eyeball level in the "dining area".
I went there with a friend once- for 5 minutes.
that's a non issue, nobody goes there for the food :)
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

if lonestar put on a frozen margarita pitcher for $7, i would be lookin to relocate my normal hotel.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Drifter wrote:what do you guys expect ? these places are all a ripoff and a tourist trap, they couldn't care less about returning customers, they're here for the quick money and they know drunken tourists will never notice their fake drinks and their total lack of customer care and service.

and i would be rather scared about badly brewed and/or poisoned spirits by the way, if shit happens the bar is never responsible and their ass is covered by the police and more.
Not true.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Drifter wrote:what do you guys expect ? these places are all a ripoff and a tourist trap, they couldn't care less about returning customers, they're here for the quick money and they know drunken tourists will never notice their fake drinks and their total lack of customer care and service.

and i would be rather scared about badly brewed and/or poisoned spirits by the way, if shit happens the bar is never responsible and their ass is covered by the police and more.
So true.
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

Cam Nivag wrote:I hear there are hostess bars on st. 136 where you walk in and the girls immediately slit your throat and kill you and sell your kidneys and then take your house keys and go to your apartment and take a dump on your kitchen floor.
I could so see that happening.... :ROFL2:
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lonestar »

Frank,

I will tell my wife to put a pitcher of margaritas on special for 7.00 when I speak to her in the morning.

I am back soon...........and I have an even better special in mind.
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lonestar »

Pitchers of margaritas on special for 7.00, this Fri. and Sat. at the Lone Star.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Nice
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic