Seeking Australian Expats' Advice on Australia

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Seeking Australian Expats' Advice on Australia

Post by Username Taken »

In August you will need warm clothes, and probably a raincoat and/or brolly.
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

My late best friend taught me the coolest life hack I've ever heard:

Bring nothing with you on a trip like this -- or as close to nothing as you possibly can -- and then, on your first stop after arrival, go to a thrift store and buy what you'll need. Then thrift-store it all back right before you board your returning flight. Costs less than a checked bag, and with the added benefit that you don't have to lug all of your crap through the airports.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Dangerous Dave wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:15 am My late best friend taught me the coolest life hack I've ever heard:

Bring nothing with you on a trip like this -- or as close to nothing as you possibly can -- and then, on your first stop after arrival, go to a thrift store and buy what you'll need. Then thrift-store it all back right before you board your returning flight. Costs less than a checked bag, and with the added benefit that you don't have to lug all of your crap through the airports.

That's exactly what I do, but the pricks in customs border protection still drag me out of the line every time and want to search me. One time they had me waiting around for two hours in case I had given my bag to someone else to take through.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I had the same experience but now I take a carry-on with a single change of clothes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic