Royal Phnom Penh Hospital

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Royal Phnom Penh Hospital

Post by violet »

Bubble T wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:25 pm An update: As part of cancelling our follow up appointments, I had to be emailed a release form to get some documentation from them, and the release form included the information I gave them when I registered (me and my wife are both registered there). The form states that according to their records I have no known allergies to medicines. This is despite the fact that I wrote on my registration form that I DO have an allergy to a common medicine, and even had a chat with the guy at the registration counter about the spelling of the symptoms. This is not a trivial mistake, and it has left me feeling very glad about our decision to go elsewhere.
Pity those whose insurance (as provided by their employer) specifically states Royal Phnom Penh as the hospital of choice
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Bubble T wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:25 pm An update: As part of cancelling our follow up appointments, I had to be emailed a release form to get some documentation from them, and the release form included the information I gave them when I registered (me and my wife are both registered there). The form states that according to their records I have no known allergies to medicines. This is despite the fact that I wrote on my registration form that I DO have an allergy to a common medicine, and even had a chat with the guy at the registration counter about the spelling of the symptoms. This is not a trivial mistake, and it has left me feeling very glad about our decision to go elsewhere.
While this is of course pretty bad, never forget where you actually are.... You can have a monkey wear a golden ring, but....

Rich Khmer whom want to deliver a baby in a nice / safe environment often do so at Khema in Tuol Kork (http://web.khemaclinic.com/). I don't have experience with them when it comes to deliveries, but Khema have treated both my wife and my child to my satisfaction. I recommend them. Send them an e-mail and inquire, you will even get an answer!

Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

violet wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:00 am
Pity those whose insurance (as provided by their employer) specifically states Royal Phnom Penh as the hospital of choice
Ever been to Calmette? Pity those too....
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I have been to calmette
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

violet wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:05 am I have been to calmette
Me too. They even got the results of the blood test wrong. Lovely place.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

violet wrote:
Insurance companies aren’t stupid. If it is expensive and they still want their customers to go there then they have a good reason.

Royal PP aren’t perfect for sure but they are still one of the best in the country.

Yeah, pity those who are fortunate to have insurance providing them with the best in-country medical care. Poor buggers.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I take your point, however all the care in the world means nothing if basic, but death causing, mistakes are made. Doesn't matter how much you pay. Odds of dying some degree higher than the overstretched hospitals in many western countries. But, yes, fortunate to reduce the chances of dying vs average Cambodian's chances.

Thailand and Vietnam is still the best option for treatment.
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:59 am
While this is of course pretty bad, never forget where you actually are.... You can have a monkey wear a golden ring, but....

Rich Khmer whom want to deliver a baby in a nice / safe environment often do so at Khema in Tuol Kork (http://web.khemaclinic.com/). I don't have experience with them when it comes to deliveries, but Khema have treated both my wife and my child to my satisfaction. I recommend them. Send them an e-mail and inquire, you will even get an answer!

Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy.
If I thought there were no safe options in Cambodia we'd go somewhere else, I work remotely now so we can be wherever we want (aside from places with harsh visa restrictions). Since I started asking around, Khema has been the one people are recommending to me the most and it's not far from where we live so it's looking like that will be the best option. If there are any major complications in the lead up, we'll go to Vietnam.

Thanks again to everyone for all the suggestions, I appreciate it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic