Prison Visit

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
violet
Expatriate

Re: Prison Visit

Post by violet »

bobsboots wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:04 pm
fax wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:23 pm
violet wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:58 pm She was? I know that's what they wanted but then she was in the immigration cell for awhile. Did she just agree to get on the plane after all that?
I don't think anyone will willfully sit in a Cambodian immigration cell. How long does it take to convince the stubborn? 1 day, 2, 3? If she is still there then she has chosen to be there for 9 days eating cockroaches and probably being sexually assaulted by the Nigerian hordes. Most would do anything to leave that environment as soon as possible.
Who said it was a she? Speculate much ?
I didn't. I asked a question.
Fail to understand the detail much?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

violet wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:08 pm
bobsboots wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:04 pm
fax wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:23 pm
violet wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:58 pm She was? I know that's what they wanted but then she was in the immigration cell for awhile. Did she just agree to get on the plane after all that?
I don't think anyone will willfully sit in a Cambodian immigration cell. How long does it take to convince the stubborn? 1 day, 2, 3? If she is still there then she has chosen to be there for 9 days eating cockroaches and probably being sexually assaulted by the Nigerian hordes. Most would do anything to leave that environment as soon as possible.
Who said it was a she? Speculate much ?
I didn't. I asked a question.
Fail to understand the detail much?
Maybe just read out of sequence as we sometimes do after beer.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

bobsboots wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:08 pm
pissontheroof wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:07 pm
bobsboots wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:51 pm Does anyone have any details about visiting someone at the immigration jail ? Bribes to guards, times...etc.
seems like your wishing for a conjugal visit ?

i thought ‘ that genoius ‘ ( yae yea , so i spelled it wrong - you know who i mean ~ the annoying fly )
was the only one here with such a warped question .
Interesting reply. Says more about your warped perception of people than it does of my basic human respect to visit an old friend. Have you tried TOF. You will be at home there, mate.
Who is your old friend? If it's Ricketyson or Feltcher, then I will abstain from replying further...unless I change my mind or forget that I wrote this.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

chkwoot wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:09 am Who is your old friend? If it's Ricketyson or Feltcher, then I will abstain from replying further...unless I change my mind or forget that I wrote this.
They're in Prey Sar. OP is inquiring about the immigration jail across the airport.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

fax wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:13 am
chkwoot wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:09 am Who is your old friend? If it's Ricketyson or Feltcher, then I will abstain from replying further...unless I change my mind or forget that I wrote this.
They're in Prey Sar. OP is inquiring about the immigration jail across the airport.
AFAIK Fletcher is in Siem Reap prison. Which is nice as he always said he only came here for the temples.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
zillah
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by zillah »

OP, be a bit cautious about visiting the Immigration detention centre, especially if you plan to bring food or money to the prisoner. If the guards think someone the prisoner has outside support (read: a source of funds), they tend to extend the detention longer than they might otherwise. $$$$$$
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic