Please Help me go to Thailand

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Please Help me go to Thailand

Post by John Bingham »

Cambodians might cross illegally all the time, but they are often caught or shot. A foreigner wandering around the wrong parts near the border is likely to attract attention.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:32 pm easy,go to Poi pet and just walk out of Cambodia and walk into Thailand down the road,
no one will say a word to ya, ( did it last May), but thailand-cambodia-thailand
BUT if ur ever stopped, ur royally fucked
and as u never exit Cambodia, you will be on overstay if u ever walk back in..
I can understand someone with passport/visa issues having to do that but you hold a valid Thai visa ? If you did it Thailand-Cambodia-Thailand does that mean you did it to avoid paying 1,000 baht re-entry permit and the Cambodian tourist visa, if you had the Cambodian visa then it’s not stamped out and similarly your Thai re-entry permit is not stamped in. I’m obviously missing something.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:48 pm Cambodians might cross illegally all the time, but they are often caught or shot. A foreigner wandering around the wrong parts near the border is likely to attract attention.
Aren't you exaggerating a bit?

A friend of mine in the Northeast is from Pailin, he goes to Pailin twice or three times a year and always crosses the border illegally to buy compost, seeds and other stuff for his farm across the border. Never caught, never shot, nor afraid of it. If he would take a foreigner is his pickup probably nobody would notice.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Worked on the border in Banteay Meanchay for about 6 months, perhaps 7 years ago.
NEVER saw a cop or military.
Plenty of roads through and allot of rice being smuggled out and truckloads of motos coming in.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:19 pm Go to Pailin province. People from that province cross the border without documents all the time.
Just watch your step :D

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:49 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:32 pm easy,go to Poi pet and just walk out of Cambodia and walk into Thailand down the road,
no one will say a word to ya, ( did it last May), but thailand-cambodia-thailand
BUT if ur ever stopped, ur royally fucked
and as u never exit Cambodia, you will be on overstay if u ever walk back in..
I can understand someone with passport/visa issues having to do that but you hold a valid Thai visa ? If you did it Thailand-Cambodia-Thailand does that mean you did it to avoid paying 1,000 baht re-entry permit and the Cambodian tourist visa, if you had the Cambodian visa then it’s not stamped out and similarly your Thai re-entry permit is not stamped in. I’m obviously missing something.
yep, we needed to got to Poi pet for a day for my gf, for her Thai L-A visa and didn't want spend 1,000 baht for re entry permit and $30 for visa for Cambodia for one night :beer3:
she has family there, so stayed with them one night an than next day just walked back over

I have twice accidentally exited Cambodia with my car and entered Thailand without checking into immigration.
Only realized i was back in Thailand cause was driving on the other side,
had to go back to Cambodia,walked across and stamp out an than stamp into Thailand
Ban Pakard / Palin border
If he would take a foreigner is his pickup probably nobody would notice.
Have entered Cambodia/Thailand a dozen or more times with my car. NEVER had anyone look inside or ask me to open the trunk
Last edited by phuketrichard on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kuroneko wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:49 pm
Kammekor wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:19 pm Go to Pailin province. People from that province cross the border without documents all the time.
Just watch your step :D

LOL:
i was walking across that area in 1988.....of course had KR guides
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:06 pm yep, we needed to got to Poi pet for a day for my gf, for her Thai L-A visa and didn't want spend 1,000 baht for re entry permit and $30 for visa for Cambodia for one night :beer3:
she has family there, so stayed with them one night an than next day just walked back over
Thought that wasthe only way it would work.

I’ve only done land crossing a few times when it was the day trip minibus visa run so and I honestly can’t remember where the crossings were, a coup,e of different ones, but I do remembers one classic where an Italian on our bus was not allowed to re-enter Thailand because he had the maximum number of runs in a set period. The guy had no belongings with him and no idea whether he had extra cash or cards but I know it was a long trip from there to Phnom Penh. Always wondered how he got himself out of that situation. “ Five Star Visa “ Service but they never checked his passport properly lol.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

DavidDareent wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:50 pm
kocdim wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:24 pm
DavidDareent wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:19 pm Hello sorry for my question,I want to ask if anyone can help me get into thailand from Cambodia illegally?? Because I have been on blacklist
Depending how deep is you pocket I guess :)
How much i must pay for this ?
I dont know how much you need to pay. But you need to have cash on hand. And when you get to Thailand without passport you going to probably need even more cash. I would guess you can cross the border. I read somewhere there is guides for 300 usd. Not sure if true. But if they get you on Thai side I dont know what will happen. Unless is easy as the other people say. But the big difference the other people had passport. You dont have one. Thats all info I have. Good luck
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:58 pm
John Bingham wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:48 pm Cambodians might cross illegally all the time, but they are often caught or shot. A foreigner wandering around the wrong parts near the border is likely to attract attention.
Aren't you exaggerating a bit?
No, I'm not exaggerating at all, if you have been following the local news here for a while you might have noticed this phenomenon.

If you Google it you'll get plenty of examples, here's one:
From 2010 to 2015, at least 143 Cambodians were killed and several hundred seriously injured in shootings involving Thai troops along the 800km Cambodia-Thai border in the north-west of the country, with Thai authorities often intercepting and shooting illegal immigrants and loggers.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/39657 ... -thailand/
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic