Child Brutally Murdered for a Honda Dream

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
fatuousdrivel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Child Brutally Murdered for a Honda Dream

Post by fatuousdrivel »

StroppyChops wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:45 pm
fatuousdrivel wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:18 pm Not very Christian of you.
There may come a time when you realise I ignore everything you say before or after this line, as it tells me you're just trolling. Which is sad, as you quite often have meaningful and insightful things to say, which I'd otherwise engage with. Your recurring theme doesn't bother me in the least, and if I am different to other Christians you may know I'll own and celebrate that, but honestly can't be bothered with you if you think that's actually a meaningful criticism. It's lazy and easy - surely you can do better.
You’ve not really replied to my questions, but thank you for telling me what I already knew about myself.

Did I say something you don’t agree with therefore I’m a troll? How does that work for you in the real world or is that the reason you came here?

You need to get over yourself mate. I for one don’t care that you’ve been on this site for ages or been here in KOW longer than many. It doesn’t make you an expert on matters of life. It just makes you come across as a bit of an arse.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

fatuousdrivel wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:18 pm That’s not really a fair example unless you’re acknowledging you were an errant father, even if it was by mutual agreement. Did your son agree?

You can’t really blame him for being who or what he is if his dad wasn’t around. Males need that bond more than females, and step-dads don’t count.

Not very Christian of you.
Sorry but you are wrong.

Stepdads count.

I had a blended family and was step dad to 4 kids with 2 of my own. You just treat them all the same and show respect and love for their differences and be there for them. I am happy to say they all turned out good and showed me respect and love and included me in their adult lives as well.

Some are good stepdads some are not but it is wrong to put a blunt statement that "stepdads don't count" =@
fatuousdrivel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by fatuousdrivel »

Arget wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:53 pm
fatuousdrivel wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:18 pm That’s not really a fair example unless you’re acknowledging you were an errant father, even if it was by mutual agreement. Did your son agree?

You can’t really blame him for being who or what he is if his dad wasn’t around. Males need that bond more than females, and step-dads don’t count.

Not very Christian of you.
Sorry but you are wrong.

Stepdads count.

I had a blended family and was step dad to 4 kids with 2 of my own. You just treat them all the same and show respect and love for their differences and be there for them. I am happy to say they all turned out good and showed me respect and love and included me in their adult lives as well.

Some are good stepdads some are not but it is wrong to put a blunt statement that "stepdads don't count" =@
I get what you’re laying down bro.
At the end of the day a child longs for their father. It’s a fact.

I’m not saying it doesn’t mean they don’t turn out well but as a child growing up it does have an impact on you knowing your dad abandoned you.

My post was towards SS who put up his own personal circumstances as an example. I was simply pointing out the obvious error in his points, which he understandably got miffed by but then if you open your life online prepared to hear stuff you might not like.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

It's also wrong to say boys need the bond more than girls (referring to an earlier comment(
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
fatuousdrivel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by fatuousdrivel »

violet wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:04 pm It's also wrong to say boys need the bond more than girls (referring to an earlier comment(
Not wrong just what experience tells me. (Previous job, not going into details here)

Females tend to naturally gravitate towards other female members of the family and boys the male side. I’m not saying females are not influenced by male role models just that they tend to be effected less than boys when there isn’t a family role model who is male.
The same for boys. No female role model around they tend to cope better if a male one is within the family group.

Not surprisingly if a boy (or girl) identifies as the opposite sex they tend to switch role models too. 90% of the time anyway.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Sometimes it is not a case of abandonment because when a relationship breaks down the family splits up, alot of times the dad has no input into this so does not "abandon" the kids. They sometimes have a restriction on access and the kids can be poisoned in their view by their custodial parent . This can be subtle as a visit being planned and when the father has a work commitment or good reason for changing the arrangement the custodial parent waits until you don't show up and then says "see he don't care knowing full well that thee is a good reason and that they knew about it in advance.
No apology will sway the kids at a later date.

Sometimes the father moves away for work as they also have to make a living and survive after the family breakup. You cannot judge them negatively for this as they have a right to a life. If in a small town there are always sides taken and sometimes the father has to move on.
Finding themselves in another relationship can also effect there ability to feature heavily in the kids life as they must give the relationship priority to flourish or it too will fail.

Bottom line is an absent father is not always at fault and should be acknowledged by stepdads, ex partners and new partners as the father of the child and encouraged to be part of the child's life if it can be. Not always possible. =@
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

fatuousdrivel wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:11 pm
violet wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:04 pm It's also wrong to say boys need the bond more than girls (referring to an earlier comment(
Not wrong just what experience tells me. (Previous job, not going into details here)

Females tend to naturally gravitate towards other female members of the family and boys the male side. I’m not saying females are not influenced by male role models just that they tend to be effected less than boys when there isn’t a family role model who is male.
The same for boys. No female role model around they tend to cope better if a male one is within the family group.

Not surprisingly if a boy (or girl) identifies as the opposite sex they tend to switch role models too. 90% of the time anyway.
Perhaps the ways females are affected are not so noticeable, and without the behaviour one sees in troubled boys, but they are affected. Different. Not less.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
fatuousdrivel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by fatuousdrivel »

violet wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:24 pm

Perhaps the ways females are affected are not so noticeable, and without the behaviour one sees in troubled boys, but they are affected. Different. Not less.
Yes that is true.
Females that are affected tend to keep a lot in and some go a bit off the rails, drinking, drugs, promiscuity etc and have long term issues (if you can call them that) with self doubt, insecurity etc.

Males tend to also do drugs but mainly get into fights and criminality, often people say they “got into the wrong crowd” but most of the time that crowd is boys just like them with similar backgrounds.

There’s a quote but don’t know who it’s by; “We spend our adults lives getting over our childhood”, some more than others I’d wager.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Genuine question. Why wouldn't you call them issues?
fatuousdrivel wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:30 pm
violet wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:24 pm

Yes that is true.
Females that are affected tend to keep a lot in and some go a bit off the rails, drinking, drugs, promiscuity etc and have long term issues (if you can call them that) with self doubt, insecurity etc.

Males tend to also do drugs but mainly get into fights and criminality, often people say they “got into the wrong crowd” but most of the time that crowd is boys just like them with similar backgrounds.

There’s a quote but don’t know who it’s by; “We spend our adults lives getting over our childhood”, some more than others I’d wager.
Last edited by violet on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Absent dad disease. A.D.D..

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic