Best Hostess Bar in Phnom Penh?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
finbar
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Re: Best Hostess Bar?

Post by finbar »

"Please don't feed the animals"
-
Per ardua, ad stercus
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Best Hostess Bar?

Post by jah steu »

clutchcargo wrote:Jah Steu- thanks for sharing the insights and being candid with the workings of the hostess bar scene.

On the other hand, don't you think your stated policy of offering $$ bonuses for exceeding monthly quotas (250drinks) is out of sync and conflicts with your stated concern?
I’m running a business. I obviously want to sell as many customer drinks and ladydrinks as possible so I make more profit. Therefore I offer incentives and bonuses to try and increase the number of drinks and thus the profit. There is no monthly quota, just targets that the girls get bonuses at.
But I do have concerns as mentioned above with the amount of sugary liquid the girls are having to drink. That’s why I’ve been looking at alternatives. So far without much success.
In a few other countries the hostesses are bought flowers by customers instead of drinks. Great for the girls’ health but I’m not sure if that would work here! One large club did actually try that here about a year ago but it wasn’t well received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Wan Chai, Hong Kong, 1978, the girls were drinking weak tea.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

The best hostess bar is the one you've never been to.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

It is not as if the bar owner goes out to the province and kidnaps the girls. They shop around and choose where they want to work.
Some bar owners and clubs do have targets to be met and these are the dodgy ones.
Some bar owners look after their girls really well and the girls show loyalty by staying in that bar.

Jah steu runs a good business and has girls who want to work in his bars.

If you don't approve then go to a 7/11 and drink. =@

(No I don't work for Mr Steu and was not paid to say this)
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

that genius wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:58 pm The best hostess bar is the one you've never been to.
Great, wonderful insight.. another valuable contribution to the forum.. the mods asked you to back off before but here you are again making meaningless posts.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

clutchcargo wrote:
that genius wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:58 pm The best hostess bar is the one you've never been to.
Great, wonderful insight.. another valuable contribution to the forum.. the mods asked you to back off before but here you are again making meaningless posts.
However, you choose to make a point here and thereby keep the ball rolling........
Just sayin!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Barang chgout wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:10 pm
clutchcargo wrote:
However, you choose to make a point here and thereby keep the ball rolling........
Just sayin!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Good job. But bias will show when people/a mod comments about all those who also did not contribute anything of value.
I'm not sure it will roll long.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
finbar
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by finbar »

violet wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:36 pm Thrilled if the customer doesn't sleep with them....because heads up guys ....they don't enjoy it. Means to an ends. Choice is dictated by circumstances.

Are YOU (general you) one of the ones they wish would fall asleep or fail to perform???
How do you know, have you done this job?

Of course work is by definition a means to an end that you'd rather not have to do.
More so if you're just desperate for money, and especially so if it's in some way demeaning.

Cleaning toilets, for example.

But that doesn't always mean you can't enjoy your work, or parts of it, or actually like some of the customers, etc.
The same as any job, though in my example I'm struggling to think of an upside.

Are you saying pro's never have an orgasm on the job?
Not true. Unless maybe women can fake physical responses.
Are you saying that even if they do, they don't enjoy it?
Pretty good acting in that case, and quite well-paid acting too.

Actually, as a job, it doesn't suck too bad.
Uh, OK, I understand maybe that part isn't the best, in many cases.
-
Per ardua, ad stercus
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

jah steu wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:02 am
prahocalypse now wrote:
jah steu wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:38 pm

The girls want you to come back to the bar so that they get some drinks and also because they are then helping the bar that helps them with a safe working environment
How do you make sure the girls' working environment is safe once they have been barfined and are working away from the bar?
We don’t. Once they leave the bar they have left our work. They choose to leave work early and go out with a customer. We do not influence that decision. They are then responsible for their own safety just like any member of the public.
That’s the official view Image
Unofficially the girls help each other vet customers. And if we know a customer is bad, we tell the girl about him so she can make a more informed choice.
For example there is one expat whose idea of a good time is to barfine inexperienced bargirls, take them home, slap and hit them until they cry and then fuck them while they are crying.
All our staff have my phone number, the bar manager’s number and the local police number. They are encouraged to contact us if they encounter a serious problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WTF That guy should be shot!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic