New scam in the kingdom?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: New scam in the kingdom?

Post by Duncan »

that genius wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:06 pm What surprises me here is how restaurants allow the beggars/ salespeople to hassle customers

My solution is to stand up ,,,take the top off the sauce bottle and hold it above the head of the beggar or person annoying me , following them out as they run for the footpath. I dont know why, but they never come back again.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

They have carol singers in Goa at xmas time, they target the bars of drunk tourists, big money.

charlie
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Samouth wrote: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:07 pm A group of young Philippine girls with a bit knowledge of speaking Khmer came to you while you were having meals with friends or family or waiting at the bus station and handed you an envelop along with a few pictures of Cambodian children. After that they started to introduce themselves by saying ( I am from Philippine and now I am volunteering in one of the NGO in Cambodia and helping children in Cambodia (orphans). Our NGO is facing financial problem so we are now raising fund to help support the NGO. So please donate some money to help us).

Therefore, I donated $1 and the guy sitting near also donated some money. However I felt doubt about it as I am also working in the NGO. Raising fund by holding pictures of children and handing people an envelop is not common. So I curiously followed her then I was surprised by what I saw. ( she took the money from the envelop and put it right away in her pocket. :)
It may be the same group or not! They have actually been to my bar in kk a few times now. My last meeting with them were PP on the other side of the Japanese bridge, working on passengers getting mini buses. I said you get around a bit
Always "hope" but never "expect".
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:59 pm They have carol singers in Goa at xmas time, they target the bars of drunk tourists, big money.

charlie
useless information but you got to get your 2¢ in here ..
why didn’t you make your user name charlie ? or put the word charlie in your signature ?
you sound like an idiot writing that everytime — reminds me of an other idiot who used to write ‘ bless ‘ after every post
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:59 pm They have carol singers in Goa at xmas time, they target the bars of drunk tourists, big money.

charlie
Brought back memories of Palolem Charlie, that would of been quite pleasant. :thumb:
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Why didn,t you make your user name "i am bored and like to troll posters with stupid comments, i can,t spell and i don't know how to use spellchecker"

charlie
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:54 pm Why didn,t you make your user name "i am bored and like to troll posters with stupid comments, i can,t spell and i don't know how to use spellchecker"

charlie
Too long. 20 characters max.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

How about Dickhead ? This bloke seems to insult lots of people on here, usually for no reason.

charlie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic