Diamonds are a lie

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
fatuousdrivel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Diamonds are a lie

Post by fatuousdrivel »

that genius wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:21 pm
Honey69 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:37 pm fatuousdrivel and that genius,
i hope you guys could get along. I like you both but now you are putting me in very hard place that i would need to choose sides. Kind of divorce happening that do i stay with mami or papi when i would like to stay with both of you.

Really hope you can solve your differences and we can live happily ever after and all the other good stuff.
I hear and obey.

I have a long history of responding to what other people want.
It’s ok. Me and your mum will have make-up sex later.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Classy. How surprising.

And so original.

Water. Duck's back.
Honey69
Expatriate
Cuba

Post by Honey69 »

Thank you very much.
Love you both long time.
"please keep the personal squabbling and name calling to a minimum. we do not want it here. use the ignore function if you are unable to contain your animosities in debate."
--- frank lee bent ---
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

What a dumb video.

- "If we all decided at the same time that diamonds aren't a girls best friend then they would immediately lose all value", yes but the same thing can be said about fiat currency. If we all decided it was worthless, it would be worthless. Finite resources that can't be double spent have intrinsic value in trading mechanisms (or at least they did until blockchain was invented).

- Diamonds aren't a finite resource, the technology to grow them artificially has existed for a long time, and is illegal (unless you dye them) specifically to keep market prices artificially high. This isn't a secret, it's been known about for a very long time.
Honey69
Expatriate
Cuba

Post by Honey69 »

Bubble T wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:55 pm What a dumb video.

- "If we all decided at the same time that diamonds aren't a girls best friend then they would immediately lose all value", yes but the same thing can be said about fiat currency. If we all decided it was worthless, it would be worthless. Finite resources that can't be double spent have intrinsic value in trading mechanisms (or at least they did until blockchain was invented).

- Diamonds aren't a finite resource, the technology to grow them artificially has existed for a long time, and is illegal (unless you dye them) specifically to keep market prices artificially high. This isn't a secret, it's been known about for a very long time.
Well what else can we expect from OP?
"please keep the personal squabbling and name calling to a minimum. we do not want it here. use the ignore function if you are unable to contain your animosities in debate."
--- frank lee bent ---
jmagic
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jmagic »

Blowjobs are a girl's best friend.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

Get a manufactured diamond, she will never know.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

The diamond ring is just a symbol of love. Old time Chinese marriages never had rings, let alone diamond rings. The priest wraps both their arms in cloth, the woman pours a cup of tea for the man, the man pour a cup of tea for the woman, and that’s it.

If it makes your other half happy, why do all the posters need to make such fuss over such a thing?

It’s not trying to hoodwink your other half, tell her it’s a real diamond vs. synthetic, etc. it’s just a symbol of how much you love and care.

Be it from a gum ball machine or a jeweler, as long as she’s happy with it.

Of course it’s a game one upmanship to keep up with the relatives, you’re screwed.
fatuousdrivel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by fatuousdrivel »

that genius wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:47 pm Classy. How surprising.

And so original.

Water. Duck's back.
That’s not water dear.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic