Protocols on walking your dog in the 'burbs

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Protocols on walking your dog in the 'burbs

Post by StroppyChops »

khmerhamster wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:42 pm No I didn’t assume that at all. I was just trying to introduce a view you might not have considered.
Maybe she thinks her dog shares the crap through the neighbourhood and yours concentrated on one areas unfairly ;-)
Okay, thanks for your thoughts - clearly the sweet innocent Khmer lady is in the right and the barang invader is in the wrong. Got it.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

StroppyChops wrote:
khmerhamster wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:42 pm No I didn’t assume that at all. I was just trying to introduce a view you might not have considered.
Maybe she thinks her dog shares the crap through the neighbourhood and yours concentrated on one areas unfairly ;-)
Okay, thanks for your thoughts - clearly the sweet innocent Khmer lady is in the right and the barang invader is in the wrong. Got it.
Don’t be so sensitive.
You asked for comments, I gave some. I didn’t say you were wrong. I tried to suggest a potential reason why she may be pissed.
I didn’t in any way imply her aggression was justified.
What did you want? Want everyone to cry ‘life isn’t fair’ with you?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

What about picking up your dog shit ? Totally weird I know, but wouldn't that confuse your neighbors from hell ? 8)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

khmerhamster wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:55 pm
StroppyChops wrote:
Don’t be so sensitive.
You asked for comments, I gave some. I didn’t say you were wrong. I tried to suggest a potential reason why she may be pissed.
Honestly I was saving us both some time by getting you to the "don't be sensitive" comment sooner rather than later. Plenty of posters here want to play "opposite view" - can't be fagged playing that game.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:10 pm What about picking up your dog shit ? Totally weird I know, but wouldn't that confuse your neighbors from hell ? 8)
Kinda covered that in the OP but I can play out the scenario if it pleases you. I carry a plastic bag, use it as a glove and pick up the dog shit. Tie off the bag, and then add the bag to the mountains of rubbish that are right there on the road. At the same time I could pick up her dog's crap as well, just to truly confuse her.

Seriously though, reminds me of an event a couple of years ago. The compound neighbour had a wedding which left the compound with about a half a foot of food scraps and rubbish (I posted about this previously) that the rats moved in on, so in a WWJD moment I cleaned the compound (8 houses, from memory) and hosed it out. As I was finishing up the neighbours opened their doors wide and swept out the foot of rubbish that had been left inside their house, glared at me, and slammed their doors shut again. Now obviously me cleaning up was in some way insulting and wrong, but FFS. This was the property the landlord stole the a/c units from, happy to be gone from there.

Anyhoo, how's YOUR day?
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

StroppyChops wrote:
khmerhamster wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:55 pm
StroppyChops wrote:
Don’t be so sensitive.
Honestly I was saving us both some time by getting you to the "don't be sensitive" comment sooner rather than later. Plenty of posters here want to play "opposite view" - can't be fagged playing that game.
Next time I’ll just give a pithy smartass comment rather than apply any thought to what I took to be a serious request for comment.

Yeah mate, she’s a bitch. You should drop your trousers and take a dump beside her gate too.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

khmerhamster wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:30 pm
StroppyChops wrote:
khmerhamster wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:42 pm Honestly I was saving us both some time by getting you to the "don't be sensitive" comment sooner rather than later. Plenty of posters here want to play "opposite view" - can't be fagged playing that game.
Next time I’ll just give a pithy smartass comment rather than apply any thought to what I took to be a serious request for comment.
I acknowledged and responded to your thoughtful response to my request for comment, you repeated why you thought I might be wrong and - be honest - you were ready to double-down. Tell me I'm wrong.
Honey69
Expatriate
Cuba

Post by Honey69 »

Sorry do i understand right that you send your team members to walk your dog?
Is it polite to ask why?
Why you don't walk your dog by yourself and same time you can defend your and dogs actions?
"please keep the personal squabbling and name calling to a minimum. we do not want it here. use the ignore function if you are unable to contain your animosities in debate."
--- frank lee bent ---
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Honey69 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:45 pm Sorry do i understand right that you send your team members to walk your dog?
Is it polite to ask why?
Why you don't walk your dog by yourself and same time you can defend your and dogs actions?
No problem with asking why - we're a social enterprise and very much a family environment. We ALL walk the dog, and interestingly the lady in question never utters a sound when my wife or I are walking the dog, she only picks on the young women in the team. When we say team, we include ourselves. The other team members playfully argue over who gets to walk the dog, it's one of the fun parts of the job for them.
Honey69
Expatriate
Cuba

Post by Honey69 »

StroppyChops wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:56 pm
Honey69 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:45 pm Sorry do i understand right that you send your team members to walk your dog?
Is it polite to ask why?
No problem with asking why - we're a social enterprise and very much a family environment. We ALL walk the dog, and interestingly the lady in question never utters a sound when my wife or I are walking the dog, she only picks on the young women in the team. When we say team, we include ourselves. The other team members playfully argue over who gets to walk the dog, it's one of the fun parts of the job for them.
Thank you for the reply.
I have couple more questions but maybe best i don't ask since would piss you off most sure and i am not looking more enemies on this forum.

To answer your original question, maybe would be best not to take your dog in front of the auntie's failing business anymore. Wait a little, the business fails and then your dog can poopoo in the failed business as a statement.
Also maybe would be good if you are a bit more relaxed about basic things in life. Most sure you would live some more years older. Stress and other stuff is not healthy.
Just an idea without knowing your conditions better. If you would like to share more info, would be happy to learn more and even support your social enterprise.
:hattip:
"please keep the personal squabbling and name calling to a minimum. we do not want it here. use the ignore function if you are unable to contain your animosities in debate."
--- frank lee bent ---
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic