questionable finger ink?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

questionable finger ink?

Post by wolfcreek »

Anyone know how the questionable finger ink rumor really got started?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: questionable finger ink?

Post by StroppyChops »

wolfcreek wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:49 am Anyone know how the questionable finger ink rumor really got started?
Okay, I'll bite. What's the questionable finger ink rumour?

Edit: Uncle Google to the rescue -

Ever notice that it's always UNCLE Google and never Aunt Google? I'm amazed nobody has accused the search engine of mansplaining yet.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
fatuousdrivel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by fatuousdrivel »

I’ve never heard anyone say “Uncle/aunt/sister Google” until your post.

Most people say “I’ll Google it/Google it!” (even if they are using Bing) but then maybe they’re in a cult.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

fatuousdrivel wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:01 pm I’ve never heard anyone say “Uncle/aunt/sister Google” until your post.

Most people say “I’ll Google it/Google it!” (even if they are using Bing) but then maybe they’re in a cult.
What an absolute load of fatuou... never mind.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

It's just "ask Google" for me, or "ask Dr. Google" if it's about that weird rash and why it won't go away.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Hey, if it exists in Urban Dictionary, it's a thing, mkay? - Uncle Google
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

Stroppy, there was an article in the newspaper a couple of weeks ago about it. Supposedly someone started a rumor about the ink that every voter here has to dip his/her index finger in so that he/she can't vote again (in some other place).
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

wolfcreek wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:01 pm Stroppy, there was an article in the newspaper a couple of weeks ago about it. Supposedly someone started a rumor about the ink that every voter here has to dip his/her index finger in so that he/she can't vote again (in some other place).
Yeah, cheers mate. That document I posted lists five ways to remove the ink so you can vote again.
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

That is not what the recent newspaper articles were focused on.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

wolfcreek wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:49 am Anyone know how the questionable finger ink rumor really got started?
FYI. There is a certain amount of tension at the moment about social media rumors and fake news surrounding the elections,( which are to be held on 29 July for those who are not following events.) Up to you, but I really wouldn't jump into that sort of discussion on the internet right now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic