Men are like gold, Women are like paper... Virginity in Cambodia (Subtitled Video)

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Men are like gold, Women are like paper... Virginity in Cambodia (Subtitled Video)

Post by Anchor Moy »

Attitudes toward the all-importance of a woman's virginity are changing. Slowly, but it is happening. For a start, the subject is not so taboo anymore ...

Cougar.hunter
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Men are like gold, Women are like paper... Virginity in Cambodia (Subtitled Video)

Post by Cougar.hunter »

Lol idk why I chuckle for the first couple of minute throughout video. But yeah, the new gernation of khmer ppl are way more open about this topic then our elders. From my experience, the Khmer lads and gals in their early 20s that I come across don’t mind marrying a non virgin anymore (in urban areas). The exposure of different culture and how the media portraying sexual imagery through television and such are certainly going to have an influence on how they view this topic.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Men are like gold, Women are like paper... Virginity in Cambodia (Subtitled Video)

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Ai Na Prum Charey
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Fool's gold?
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

I dig Catherine Harry's (NOT Debbie Harry's half-sister) A Dose of Cath vlog which discusses what are normally considered taboo topics for Khmer women and society. Khmer women are surely the better half of Cambodia; whether that is because they have some many restrictions on behavior or not I don't know. I'd like to see them have more freedom to leave home and have more control over their lives, but I'd hate for them to become like western misandric triggered feminists.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic