Western Tourist Woman Has to be carried off Kbal Spean Mountain

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Western Tourist Woman Has to be carried off Kbal Spean Mountain

Post by Barang chgout »

Cam Nivag wrote:
violet wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:42 am
hanno wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:27 am It is not that hard and I have walked this in flip-flops in the rainy season. But good ole pasty face here looks like the only exercise she ever does is downing donuts.
Looks can be deceiving, especially when up against prejudice and judgement
Can't have a photo of a woman on this forum or TOF without a cascade of comments of "She's fat and ugly" or "I want to fuck her"
A cascade?
One comment?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

iheartheenim
Tourist
Somalia

Post by iheartheenim »

hanno wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:27 am It is not that hard and I have walked this in flip-flops in the rainy season. But good ole pasty face here looks like the only exercise she ever does is downing donuts.
Awww c'mon! Let's not be too sensitive here. Too much politeness and sensitivity is fucking up this world. I am a woman, I used to almost be near her body shape from too much deskwork, Starbucks and fastfood. I had to travel to realize I am not physically fit to do anything I want to do and no one is going to help me but me. I can't always ask people to carry me anywhere because I slipped because I did not pay attention to common sense about the weather and what to wear on hikes and because I am too unfit dor basic hikes anywhere because I let myself go. Root cause analysis, the whole shebang didn't only start at "she slipped". Sometimes tough situations and on your face criticism helps to build more character and personality than cajoling the sensitivities. Man up. Stand up. Own up to it. Sorry, but it is a struggle and I am still going through it and "angels who thinks they mean well" are not helping at all. I have the guts to eat myself to oblivion before, I should have the guts to accept criticism and prove to myself that O can be better. Thougths and prayers to the sensitive.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

iheartheenim wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:46 am
Awww c'mon! Let's not be too sensitive here. Too much politeness and sensitivity is fucking up this world. I am a woman, I used to almost be near her body shape from too much deskwork, Starbucks and fastfood. I had to travel to realize I am not physically fit to do anything I want to do and no one is going to help me but me. I can't always ask people to carry me anywhere because I slipped because I did not pay attention to common sense about the weather and what to wear on hikes and because I am too unfit dor basic hikes anywhere because I let myself go. Root cause analysis, the whole shebang didn't only start at "she slipped". Sometimes tough situations and on your face criticism helps to build more character and personality than cajoling the sensitivities. Man up. Stand up. Own up to it. Sorry, but it is a struggle and I am still going through it and "angels who thinks they mean well" are not helping at all. I have the guts to eat myself to oblivion before, I should have the guts to accept criticism and prove to myself that O can be better. Thougths and prayers to the sensitive.
Not sensitive. Stating a fact.
Every thin person works out. True?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

violet wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:50 am
iheartheenim wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:46 am
Not sensitive. Stating a fact.
Every thin person works out. True?
Probably not and I have come across some pretty fit people that were on the heavy side. But the lady in question really looks like she should not have left the bar stool on Sok San Road.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Perhaps she does. I still looked like I hadn't seen a gym in a decade when I was working out hard three times a week. I still looked better than I did when I started though and my level of fitness was greater than smoking drinking sit at homes.
I think you get my point. It really isn't productive to be poking at fat people, and it's easy stereotyping while ignoring facts.

I also agree with that poster that thought I was being sensitive, in that as I was walking home at lunch time I was thinking about how enabling it is in the west to be able to buy clothes in size 20-30... If you can't easily find something to wear, you may actually have more motivation (necessity) to start making a change. I also agree that nothing is to be gained by brushing over conversations about weight and weight gain, but fat shaming and making comments that put people down is actually counter productive.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

After she was carried off, the mountain felt a great weight off its shoulder.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

violet wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:13 pm I was thinking about how enabling it is in the west to be able to buy clothes in size 20-30... If you can't easily find something to wear, you may actually have more motivation (necessity) to start making a change.
Are you "clothes-blaming" ? :shock:
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jimmy Crow »

Beautiful,white and well fed,my kind of southern las.
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
fatuousdrivel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by fatuousdrivel »

I bet she’s not even 21. (Age not stone)
I used to be big (or fat as we used to call it) and it took a heart attack to make me lose weight.
I’d also go to the gym five times a week and never lost fat weight because, well I’d eat too much of the wrong foods.

I’d kid myself and tell people “I don’t know why I’m fat. I don’t eat that much. I didn’t even eat today” knowing full well I’d binge eat chocolate and fast food and have a secret stash of sweets I hid under my socks, in my own house. Who was I hiding it from!?

Fat people are often in denial. It’s my genes/I don’t eat that much/I do lots of excercise/I eat healthy etc etc.

My nephew took his 12yo son out of school because they called him “Dump Truck”. The kid weighs 65kg!
The nephew is a snowflake though and my brother told him and the boy to stop being pathetic.

Three years later the boy lost all the weight but they still call him dump truck, or Truck which he actually likes and the family call him it too. He’s now 6ft!
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

So we've got six too fats and one "where the white wimmin be at"?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic