What did you expect when you came to live here?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
fatuousdrivel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: What did you expect when you came to live here?

Post by fatuousdrivel »

They’ve all come to save skanky cats and dogs, well until they have to go home.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

Raider wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:54 am The American Government told me it was going to be a shithole and I was going to get attacked by gangs.
The Feds were talking about L.A gangs attacking you while you're traveling to the airport.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
Raider
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Raider »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:28 pm
Raider wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:54 am The American Government told me it was going to be a shithole and I was going to get attacked by gangs.
The Feds were talking about L.A gangs attacking you while you're traveling to the airport.
I mean I am sure the Cambodians that got extradited from the US still operate as criminals, but I have not seen anything even resembling a gang since I have been in Cambodia.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

Raider wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:06 pm
I mean I am sure the Cambodians that got extradited from the US still operate as criminals, but I have not seen anything even resembling a gang since I have been in Cambodia.
Don't worry, people aren't organized enough here to form a gang.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
Raider
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Raider »

Trust me I'm not worried, the American government tells us all kinds of stupid shit that isn't true.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

If you had been around the Wat Phnom area a few years ago you would have seen a gang of monkeys. Upset one and they would all attack you.
I once saw a baby monkey, just a few days old fall onto the road on st 102 and a motodop picked it up. He had to run for his life as a gang of monkeys chased after him. Finally he was convinced by bystanders to give it up.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Raider
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Raider »

Duncan wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:24 pm

If you had been around the Wat Phnom area a few years ago you would have seen a gang of monkeys. Upset one and they would all attack you.
I once saw a baby monkey, just a few days old fall onto the road on st 102 and a motodop picked it up. He had to run for his life as a gang of monkeys chased after him. Finally he was convinced by bystanders to give it up.
I meant street gangs as in people, but I would enjoy to see a squad of monkeys terrorizing the city.
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jimmy Crow »

GORGEOUS pale vanilla white Khmer beauties and various Rolls Royce distributors
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jimmy Crow »

Actually they are all reformed and live righteous lives,I have yet to see or hear any negative news about Khmer Americans whom were deported to Cambodia,what I have seen is great projects and programs headed by them which help and benefit the people,the idea that they still partake in forbidden activities here is irrational and judgmentally prejudice
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Raider wrote:
The rebels operate here, which makes me laugh coz there is only one gang in Cambodia.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic