Kenyan Volunteer Asked to Show $1,000 USD at Phnom Penh Airport or She Can't Enter Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Kenyan Volunteer Asked to Show $1,000 USD at Phnom Penh Airport or She Can't Enter Cambodia

Post by hanno »

Duncan wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:03 amI haven't been to a cinema for 20 plus years, let alone one in Cambodia. Can you tell me a bit about the side service.
Quote,,,, It doesn't get better ,,, better than what ?
I love going to the cinema, something about the big screen. In Cambodia cinemas are very cheap, you get beer brought to the seat, a blanket if needed; that's all I need.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Kenyan Volunteer Asked to Show $1,000 USD at Phnom Penh Airport or She Can't Enter Cambodia

Post by fax »

I think Duncan wants some wa wa we wa hanky panky under the blanket when he's watching Finding Nemo eating extra salted popcorn but as we all know the condom police raids the short time cinema places...
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

10 bucks else where gets u screaming kids, master kung fu backseat kicker, mr know-all-the-story-and-felt-the-urge-to-explain-to-girlfriend-in-the-cinema, late comers who always had to be from ur row, small bladder dudes, noisy snack cruncher, 5 second phone checker, emotional girl who scream / cries at every scene.

10 bucks VIP here get u less than 30 ppl in the cinema which cuts down all these greatly, no more free popcorn now at major cineplex BTW and sorya VIP chair sucks, its a straight up sofa that cant recline

its one of these, u cant recline or extend, its fixed, mofo cunts cinema operator trying to cut down on maintenance cost
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

angkorjohn wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:45 am
violet wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:20 am I've never been to the cinema here
yet you have an opinion on how you would find it strange that a western host might be preferred in a community to cinema over a khmer :facepalm:
I've never murdered a person, I've never participated in an orgy, I've never met Donald Trump .... I have opinions on all these things and more. You don't have opinions without first-hand experience? It's quite normal to. What isn't productive is having opinions and not being open to changing them in light of new information or discussion with others.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

hanno wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:18 am
Duncan wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:03 amI haven't been to a cinema for 20 plus years, let alone one in Cambodia. Can you tell me a bit about the side service.
I love going to the cinema, something about the big screen. In Cambodia cinemas are very cheap, you get beer brought to the seat, a blanket if needed; that's all I need.
A blanket with someone else's ick all over.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

violet wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:39 am
yet you have an opinion on how you would find it strange that a western host might be preferred in a community to cinema over a khmer :facepalm:

I've never murdered a person, I've never participated in an orgy, I've never met Donald Trump .... I have opinions on all these things and more. You don't have opinions without first-hand experience? It's quite normal to. What isn't productive is having opinions and not being open to changing them in light of new information or discussion with others.
Perhaps you should spend less time on both forums and go and explore more things then you could add experience to your opinion.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

violet wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:41 am
hanno wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:18 am
A blanket with someone else's ick all over.
Like a woollen taco
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

angkorjohn wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:51 am
violet wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:39 am

Perhaps you should spend less time on both forums and go and explore more things then you could add experience to your opinion.
Ok. Thanks for your excellent advice. As it bothers you, I'll up my daily post count.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Why on Earth a person must behave as others and choose to sit in a cinema rather than the comfort of their own home, I've no idea.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

fax wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:26 am ...when he's watching Finding Nemo eating extra salted popcorn...
Fairly confident clown fish can't eat extra salted popcorn, the logistics just seem too difficult to overcome.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic