If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by OrangeDragon »

Tim Linkinwater wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:Funny story with cambo11... Scoby thinks it's a Cambod/General sockpuppet... so confronted him about it (not over what he'd posted, just a friendly "i know it's you"). The general has some fun with him, because it's NOT him, and is taunts him about "don't read my PMs!". He now is convinced the account is being used for sending PMs to bait people over here, so has locked out PM permissions for cambo11, the general's real account, and mine. Even AFTER I explained his mistake.
Would this conversation between Scoby and the General have taken place by PM, you naughty dragon? :shock:
I don't know, the conversation between the general and I did to ascertain if cambo11 was either of us... it's not. the conversation notifying me that cambo11, generalmack, and myself have had our PM abilities on 440 blocked was delivered via PM, but is a public action.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

bendix wrote: No posters have been shown the door in since I took over ownership. If you have evidence to the contrary, please feel free to post it.
only half shown... based on a cheeky response to an incorrect and unfair accusation by one person you've PM banned both myself (who was actually having a nice business conversation there with james_bong beforehand which you've interrupted) and the general, as well as a completely innocent and unrelated member. just after i point out not only a flaw you should address in the wording of your rules where you essentially lock out any bar from promoting themselves on the site without paying for it, and pointing out the danger to your site from running those particular ads.

great showmanship sir... i sadly expected more from you.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Honestly, HR, you are going way over the top quite often.

You have made your position clear MANY TIMES, which is fine.

However, you continue to annoy every single human being that reads your posts.

If you cannot articulate yourself without insulting and annoying people, we'll have to give you a short ban.

Again, nobody is "protected" here and we don't show favorites, but you have a knack for pissing off everyone with your continued insults.

You're more than welcome to be a member here, but you need to change your ways.

If you have any questions or want to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.

Thanks a million and one.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

General Mackevili wrote:Honestly, HR, you are going way over the top quite often.

You have made your position clear MANY TIMES, which is fine.
This seems very harsh, General. Surely inclusiveness should extend to people of lesser, err, what are they called? Special people, arrested development?
You know, the mentally ill.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

bendix wrote:Just because you demanded I deactivate your account, doesn't mean I'm obliged to do so. If you don't want to post there, feel free to stay away. I'm not at your beck and call to do your bidding.
WoW.

Scobie, I think you are showing your true colors here.

While I wish you luck, I think ^ this is a PERFECT example of why you will really have a hard time being a better forum than CEO.

You asked CEO to deactivate your account, and guess what? We did it, with no questions asked.

You later asked us to reactivate your account, and guess what? We did it, again, with no questions asked.

When the Dragon and I started this project, we considered it a public service that we would no doubt put a LOT of work into for the community. For free, no less. Not to be on a power trip. Not to show people who's boss, but because we both love Cambodia and truly enjoy providing a fun, fair and friendly place to debate, ask questions, share stories and ideas, etc.

We started CEO because we both are willing to do exactly what you won't. We are here to be at our members' beck and call.

Not everyone agrees with every single action we take to make sure that CEO continues to be a kick ass place, but we have never been accused of neglecting our members or crying and complaining because we have to do tasks that we knew we'd have to do in order to run CEO properly.

Here you are crying and complaining about having to do things that your "valued" members look for you to do.

Who takes over a forum, then complains about and refuses to honor simple requests from their members (which is ironically the EXACT same request you asked CEO to do for you, which we did without batting an eye, and instantly reversed it for you when requested)?

So, yes, K440 has been around 11+ years and has more traffic than the 3+ month old CEO, but I have a gut feeling that that can change in a flash if you don't fulfill your role as a admin with a passion to do your best for the community.

Just WoW.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Tim Linkinwater wrote:
This seems very harsh, General.
You haven't seen harsh...

Oh, that's right! Because we're not harsh, LoL...

:twisted:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

And to Joon:

Big congrats! I honestly can't think of anyone else I would have chosen, good job! !

I was planning on telling you congrats with my Cambod account on K440, but the wishy-washy Scobie told me today that he "promised" to unban me tomorrow, only to be told a literal hour and a half later "no fucking chance" after I comically got wrongly accused of being some poster called Cambo11, so please accept my congrats here. :thumb:

Rock on!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

OrangeDragon wrote:Funny story with cambo11... Scoby thinks it's a Cambod/General sockpuppet... so confronted him about it (not over what he'd posted, just a friendly "i know it's you"). The general has some fun with him, because it's NOT him, and is taunts him about "don't read my PMs!".
And I should elaborate on this slightly...

He said I'm Cambo11 (doesn't even ask if it's me, just tells me). Then asks if I'm spamming K440 users, LoL.

I'm in shock that I'm being accused of this crap, and joke around with him. Hell, I almost think he's just fucking with me. Crazy.

(I should add, I've been all over the place today, drunk with friends and my mother at a day-long Jimmy Buffett concert in Washington D.C., LoL, so getting accused of being a random sock puppet by paranoid Scobie didn't get a lot of my attention.)

Also, you should take the time to consider that NOBODY likes being accused of being a sock puppet. So, when you just come at me or anyone saying we're sock puppets, don't expect a warm and fuzzy conversion.

Honestly, you are starting to remind me a lot of KiR already. That's EXACTLY what he does, LoL. He's already accused me of so much stupid shit, and even you and others had to call him out on it on his own board, LoL. Ridiculous.

So, you "think" it's my sock puppet and you go and delete all of Cambo11's PM's, lock him out of the PM function, lock my account out of the PM function, and even lock the Dragon out of the PM function.

You are honestly starting to sound like the new tyrant with a quick change of clothes.

These are also examples of why I have my doubts if you are cut out to lead K440 out of the hole it's dug itself into.

I think you really need to sit back and look at the way you handle things. If I were you, I'd hand the site over to Joon right now and let her run the show. (You're welcome for that invaluable advice).

Please tell us how you managed to link the Cambo11 user with me? Is it because he dared to speak out and give you the feedback you acted like you wanted?

You, like KiR, have to realize I'm VERY FAR from the only person in this world that has had criticisms about the way he/you ruin/run the K440 show.

Someone uses a username that happens to ALSO sound a lot like Cambodia (the country that these forums are supposed to focus on), gives you negative feedback and has an IP address from the States, AND YOU THINK IT'S ME? You're insane dude.

Please feel free to post all the PM's from that account, the email address and the IP address, LoL. If you're so sure it's me, I've given you permission, so go ahead and do it.

You won't. Because you know damn well it isn't me.

This is EXACTLY what KiR said when he banned Stroppy Chops, when it wasn't me beyond a shadow of a doubt.

1) Accuse some random poster (Cambo11 in this case) of being Cambod.

...which justifies...

2) Shutting down his PM function.

3) Continue to use it as a weak excuse to shut down my real account and The Dragon's account (PM function).

KiR has taught you well. :bow:

:facepalm:

I believe Cambo11 has already said who he was. I'm certain it can be verified.

Sorry, Cambo 11, that you've been dragged into this by an admin who clearly doesn't know his ass from his elbow, LoL. Know that you are more than welcome to post here, and you will not be accused of being a troll simply for disagreeing with the admin here and we don't lock your PM functions on some sort of weird power trip, LoL.

:hattip:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
HotRecruiter
Expatriate

Post by HotRecruiter »

G-Mack, I'm glad youre catching up, but you've seemed to miss out a bit on this thread, but you're catching up fast.

About your earlier post:

#1. I only post once about one instance. I don't repeat multiple posts on the same issue.
#2. This *IS* the ASININE AREAS (ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!) - disclaimer made, no need for apologies. At least I'm not dropping stupid useless puns every post.
#3. My posts have all been FACTUAL, and usually balanced, AND is on-topic. That's what we come here for, to hear the dirt on those guys.
#4. Several posters have been in support of the observation, crticism and discussion of that other site's problems, fairly and openly, without being banned by them, because DON'T have a voice there. SEVERAL. UKJ, Potty, Takeoman, Username Taken, Frank Lee Bent, franzjaeger, Bitte_Kein_Lexus, drifter, and recently Tom Linkinwater asked for a reasonable measure instead of any banning.

I think you may be flying against public opinion on this thread. You KNOW how infuriating that new dope is over there, and their hateful practices, why'd you get in the way of not a rant, but a fair criticism of those guys and their stupid banning practices?

It's infuriating, and people should be warned of them, if it's factual, and not full of a bunch of foul language.
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

HotRecruiter wrote: and recently Tom Linkinwater asked for a reasonable measure instead of any banning.
Denied. I called you mentally ill.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic