Police Destroy Marijuana Farm in Battambang

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Police Destroy Marijuana Farm in Battambang

Post by newkidontheblock »

that genius wrote:
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:50 am Battambang, Cambodia News: On July 11 at 9 AM, Mong Reusey police destroyed a marijuana plantation in Pen village, Mong Reusey district, Battambang. 175 marijuana were burned down.

A 79 years old man, Chhoun Chheun, the owner said that he grew that marijuana, but it was not for sale, he just grows it to make herbal medicine. The elderly gentleman got educated and agreed to stop growing marijuana.
But dog forbid they educate anybody on what cutting down forests and decimating wildlife does, as long as we kowtow to the tobacco companies, they pay better.
Since when do the tobacco companies consider marijuana growers a business threat? Know of secret strike teams employed by RJR Reynolds taking out marijuana fields worldwide left and right? Obviously you more in the know of secret conspiracies than Alex Jones. Please share!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

The police uprooted and set them on fire, said a notice on the National Police website.
Funny, that's what all the potheads do!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

I heard the old boy was taken to hospital from the effects of smoke inhalation and minor burns. Police said he was crying "My babies, my babies"; they could barely stop him from running up to the fire and inhaling deeply.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

And I see from the main photo of the bonfire, the officers were correctly standing up wind.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic