Nigerian Drunk Driver Injures 3 and Kills 1 in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Nigerian Drunk Driver Injures 3 and Kills 1 in Phnom Pen

Post by General Mackevili »

Bumpity bump.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
rick_o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick_o'shea »

frank lee bent wrote:man was that guy glad to see the cops i bet.
whew- facing a mob of poor folks in a big old car like that could be a death sentence real quick.
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

"God will keep punishing you."

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Nigerian Drunk Driver Injures 3 and Kills 1 in Phnom Penh

Post by General Mackevili »

The Nigerian arrested, Chris Ozor, and his wife have reached out to CEO to have this article deleted, but I don't see any valid reason to have it deleted, but he can have his side heard. He says he has his reputation to protect, and he already paid the families to settle the matter, so here is his take on everything.

Here is an email from Mr Ozor, who seems to be with McBillion Holdings Ltd at the moment:

'Hello,

I hope my email finds you well.

First of all, I would like to formally introduce myself; I am Mr. Chris Ozor, Chairman/CEO McBillion Holdings Limited in Nigeria. I am also the CEO of Royal Spring Import Export Co. Ltd, Lucky 888 Investments Co., Ltd and Royal Spring Investment Group duly registered and operating in Cambodia.

I am married to a Cambodian, my wife name is Mrs. Menh Khi Bolamy. I have two kids

Please, I am emailing you regarding the news link about the accident I had in 2015. I understand my wife has been communicating with you about deleting the link from your server which we both discussed and I asked her to contact your administrator.

We all know that it was a very ugly incident and unexpected, but I thank God I was able to resolve the matter with both Cambodia police, Phnom Penh Court and families of the person affected.

The reason I am appealing to you "Cambodia Expats Online" to delete the news update from your forum is because as a business man I have a reputation to protect.
Recently my business partners has found the news on your forum through google and it's a big slap to my face, because they wonder why would I be drunk and driving.
I was not really drunk, because I was left from a dinner with my company adviser, while on my way home I know I was speeding to get home faster because my wife was already calling me not to stay out too late. But the news agencies published something else to make it look bad, probably because I am a foreigner.
Even though it was an incident which happened 3years ago but it was a damage to my reputation, and I would like to see every memory about it erased completely, mentally, physically and otherwise.

As you know I did not commit any crime, it was just an accident, but the way the news forum published it is really a stain to my reputation as a business man.

Secondly, I have joined a political party in my country and likely to be contesting for a Member of State House of Assembly of my local government constituency. Therefore such news feeds online could be a tool for my political opponents to raise dust or tarnish my image.

Therefore, I am humbly appealing to your forum to consider my request and delete the news update from your server, so that it does not link to google or appear on google anymore or any other search engines whenever my name is googled.

Here is the link
newsworthy/nigerian-drunk-driver-injure ... 8-200.html

You can see my photo and information appeared on there which is big threat to my reputation, and loss of credibility.

Please consider my request, and I will appreciate your cooperation and acceptance.

Warm Regards,

Chris Ozor
'

AND AN EMAIL FROM HIS WIFE PREVIOUSLY:

'There is no new update to the story.
My husband already cleared all already since in 2015 and paid money to families of the victim, and case already closed in court long time in 2015.
we are surprised to see the news still on google after my husband business partners saw the information on google.
'
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I'm a victim and I am still upset and cry myself to sleep every night knowing someone got hurt on Cambodias roads, yet I haven't been compensated.

Where's my money
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

Wonder how much a 28 year old Khmer vegetable vendor, wife, mother of two, is worth in $US? Not to mention three others “seriously injured?”

Claims he wasn’t drunk.

And the people who saw him sitting in his car drinking ABC after the accident? And the empty beer cans found in his car? Tell us about them?

While you’re at it go ask the dead girls family what they think about the “damage to his reputation“?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

What an idiot. Let's just sit back and observe the Streisand effect snowball from here.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

What an arsehole. Over qualified to be a Nigerian politician.
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

......Even though it was an incident......

Er, no.
Sorry, mate but, this was not an incident. Someone died and others were injured. It was a huge accident, so stop trying to make yourself look good and righteous. If you were drunk, then it is your responsibility. If you were not drunk, as you claim, yet were speeding in the streets of Phnom Penh, as you admit, again, it is all your responsibility.
Did you not also mention the words Nigerian and Royal in the same message ?
Sounds familiar.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

A f***ing ACCIDENT? Speeding and drunk and stupid is not an accident. You killed someone and now you thanked God. For what? Where was the mob justice that night when needed and deserved.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic