Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave in Kampot

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave in Kampot

Post by Barang chgout »

Fair 'nuff. Worth thinking about though.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave

Post by IraHayes »

TheSiemReaper wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:12 am
I think there's a bit of a misconception of this guesthouse here. The foreigners work nearly exclusively behind the bar and for reception, (something you need English speakers for and it makes the guest more comfortable) the majority is local staff from the island who get paid for their work.

The reason I'm on here defending this guesthouse and their offer is because it seems I'm the only one who knows the on ground situation and members of the staff, whereas everyone else just goes off on this because THEY wouldn't work for free. But these are 20-something kids who are more than happy to live on a remote island for a couple of months and live their hippy dream for +-0$.
I seem to recall posting
IraHayes wrote: For those travelling on a budget who want to extend their stay in “paradise” this offer, while we are laughing at them, is just what some of them were looking for.
Hence why I said she has probably been inundated with offers of help.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I agree. Anyone should be able to work for free if they want, and this place isn't forcing anyone to volunteer.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

As somewhat of an expert on Swedish chicks I recommend keeping a safe distance. Her generation especially is alarmingly borderline. Cover up, if you must.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave

Post by AndyKK »

TheSiemReaper wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:12 am
Barang chgout wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:20 pm
TheSiemReaper wrote:
Barang chgout wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:47 pm
IraHayes wrote:All joking aside the lady has probably been inundated with offers. For those travelling on a budget who want to extend their stay in “paradise” this offer, while we are laughing at them, is just what some of them were looking for.

And if she can get western help on a shoestring in exchange for a bed and rice good luck to her. Exploit them some more I say!
Yeah, im still undecided about this whole 'free labour' thing.
Seems to me, pay a Khmer for a month $150, feed a barang for a month, $++.
The Khmer works 8hrs 30 days, does what he's told and doesn't whinge. Dunno many barang who would work as hard for so little.
Also, isn't this taking available work from the Khmer? Why? I guess the people who volunteer for this stuff often do so because they are budget conscious, which of course means......THEY DON'T SPEND, thereby assisting the local economy, not at all....
Just my thoughts anyhoo.

There's nothing on that island except a few guesthouses, a military outpost and a fishing village, there is no local economy to assist.
And the reason they employ these people instead of all Khmer staff is the same as many other guesthouses because the guest feel more comfortable with having the same 'kind of people' as them greeting them at the reception and bar. Which is not the fault of the guesthouses they just cater to their clients.
Speaking of khmer, as these kids live very close with the local staff a lot of them speak better khmer than most expats after 20 odd years here.
Unbelievable the amount of people commenting on things they have not a single clue about...
As I said, I thought, I'm undecided on this , at this point in time.
I'm not looking to get offensive nor defensive on this one.
I live in OSoam, which I consider slightly remote and not hugely populated nor popular ( this is changing fast), but I guess the fishermen are all cool with someone coming in with free workers while their own kids are going to work as......fishermen.
Again, please don't read this as an argument., I am open to persuasion.
)

I think there's a bit of a misconception of this guesthouse here. The foreigners work nearly exclusively behind the bar and for reception, (something you need English speakers for and it makes the guest more comfortable) the majority is local staff from the island who get paid for their work.

The reason I'm on here defending this guesthouse and their offer is because it seems I'm the only one who knows the on ground situation and members of the staff, whereas everyone else just goes off on this because THEY wouldn't work for free. But these are 20-something kids who are more than happy to live on a remote island for a couple of months and live their hippy dream for +-0$.
You say you know the situation! So what of the legal situation for the person to work?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

fax wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:52 am As somewhat of an expert on Swedish chicks I recommend keeping a safe distance. Her generation especially is alarmingly borderline. Cover up, if you must.
Buying a "Billy" bookcase does not make you an expert :wink:
Whiteslavesofktk
Tourist
Canada

Post by Whiteslavesofktk »

I have personally volunteered at Ten103 for 8 months. 3.5 of those months were for Lois(the Swedish girl in mention). If you have never considered volunteering for accommodation please leave this post as it has NOTHING to do with you!
My time on ktk was an unforgettable adventure and I will most definitely go back. The guesthouse employs(and pays) an array of hard working khmer staff who became good friends in those months. My fellow western volunteers? We are one big happy family and the word "work" only applies some of the time because half the time the bar is just empty and you're literally just hanging out with your friends IN PARADISE. This is not a career move but it is a great way to spend your time!
Last but not least, Lois IS THE BEST, I have nothing but love and respect for her personally and her management style. Anyone interested in this type of experience will have an absolutely phenomenal time!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"half the time the bar is just empty..."

Thanks for an insight that explains the wage scale.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Should have thought of this (Lois management strategy). Could I have got someone in to manage my bar, then had my holiday? It would be possible I could have got pineapple maybe! Outcome on return no stock nil nil nil profit. Or I maybe wrong.

No pun on you Lois.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Some of you guys seem a bit over-fussy about looks, to an extent that I find unbelievable. That woman in the photos is very pretty, I don't care whether you think she's a "7" or whatever, you don't need to be so judgemental about looks. I wonder what shape some of those posters are in?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic