Where in Phnom Penh is your favourite place for pizza and why?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Cougar.hunter
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Where in Phnom Penh is your favourite place for pizza and why?

Post by Cougar.hunter »

Brookly Pizza & Piccola Italia. I don't like Pizza Company, it taste different to me compared to 6 years back. Those are the only places I've tried so far
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Cougar.hunter wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:17 pm Brookly Pizza & Piccola Italia. I don't like Pizza Company, it taste different to me compared to 6 years back. Those are the only places I've tried so far
How's your search for cougars going?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

I know I am going to get yelled at for this.... but the Pizza Company in Sorya Mall. :)

The question was favorite place for pizza, not favorite pizza.

I have memories of the place from first visits in 2006, and have returned every time I visit the KOW. Why? Because I enjoy the view of the city while eating a normal pizza (I'm not a fan of NY style pizza). But mostly for the view of the street and city.
What, Me worry?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

timmydownawell wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:31 pm Pizza 5, previously on corner 15 and 130 was good. $5.50 for a thin crust pizza but they've recently moved to Toul Tompoung. You can order by phone and they'll deliver to riverside for $1.

saved for future ordering!!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

Luigi in ttp or bassac lane.

And

Trattoria Bello

https://maps.google.com/?cid=1321387526 ... l=en&gl=gb

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

A bit OT, but does anyone know if the GaDo Pizza place is still operating ? The pizzeria that was run by the famous Jeffrey, a Nigerian/Italian on the run, and the Moldavan woman, who was also pretending to be Italian, and must still be in prison I guess. And where someone was posting here that they were trafficking her sister, Sharleen or Karleen, from Jamaica...

Bumping it up for those members who weren't around at the time. This was such an epic thread. Really crazy.
(Move this if I'm wrecking the food thread for pizza fans. Sorry, Violet. :facepalm: But if the place still exists, it would be worth a visit for its bizarre history. Not sure about the pizzas, but if I remember, someone said they were good, but the wine was bad, or something like that. I need to reread it. )
:popcorn:

Part I: Anti-Trafficking Police Raid GaDo Italy Wine Shop, Rescue 2
post80867.html?hilit=Gado%20pizza#p80867
Part II : Moldavan woman denies sex-trafficking - GaDo Pizza Wine Shop saga continues...
post80867.html?hilit=Gado%20pizza#p80867
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Larry's Italian sausage pizza sets a high bar.
dirtymacca
Expatriate
Australia

Post by dirtymacca »

" by Anchor Moy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:00 am

A bit OT, but does anyone know if the GaDo Pizza place is still operating ? The pizzeria that was run by the famous Jeffrey, a Nigerian/Italian on the run, and the Moldavan woman, who was also pretending to be Italian, and must still be in prison I guess. And where someone was posting here that they were trafficking her sister, Sharleen or Karleen, from Jamaica..."

I had a pizza at this place just after it opened and before all drama started about people trafficking. I met "Jeffrey" and the "Jamaican girl" and I have to admit as front for a "people smuggling" operation they made a damn fine pizza. In fact I went back the next night and had another great pizza, probably the best pizzas I have had in PP.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Anchor Moy, I like threads meandering down laneways. If I wanted on topic, I'd be where I was before here.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

dirtymacca wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:00 am " by Anchor Moy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:00 am

A bit OT, but does anyone know if the GaDo Pizza place is still operating ? The pizzeria that was run by the famous Jeffrey, a Nigerian/Italian on the run, and the Moldavan woman, who was also pretending to be Italian, and must still be in prison I guess. And where someone was posting here that they were trafficking her sister, Sharleen or Karleen, from Jamaica..."

I had a pizza at this place just after it opened and before all drama started about people trafficking. I met "Jeffrey" and the "Jamaican girl" and I have to admit as front for a "people smuggling" operation they made a damn fine pizza. In fact I went back the next night and had another great pizza, probably the best pizzas I have had in PP.
They had a good write up from the Phnom Penh Post.

Here's Jeffrey, the wine connoisseur. Amusing when you know what happens next. :mrgreen:
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/7days/7-q ... ffry-akudo
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic