White Woman Barbara Sherin Accuses Cambodians of Cheating Her...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: White Woman Barbara Sherin Accuses Cambodians of Cheating Her...

Post by prahocalypse now »

that genius wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:50 am Damn...Vlayhoho may be right...if so apologies...check out some of these terms, brutal

http://www.rsdb.org/race/filipinos

Still not buying anybody pancakes, yucky food. :D
I would say that the etymology of the term Flip has not been determined. For example, there is even the suggestion that it was Flippers themselves who started calling each other Flips:
According to the late journalist and activist Alex Fabros, Sr. (1903–1999), the term was first used among Filipinos sometime after his immigration to the United States in 1929.

The term came into widespread use in the 1980s and the 1990s.
That's why I would like to see some real evidence on the etymology of the word to prove that it does have racist origins.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Gilmore wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:39 am "She may be a great LBFM, but don't trust her".
Last time I was in the Philippines, I saw a LBFM who wasn't wearing any underwear.

I could see her flip-flaps.
Cougar.hunter
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cougar.hunter »

prahocalypse now wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:36 am
fax wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:34 am Something for @Cougar.hunter?
He could give her a new pearl necklace.

Looks like I'm scratched off her list. I'm Khmer lol
iheartheenim
Tourist
Somalia

Post by iheartheenim »

prahocalypse now wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:09 am
Boeki wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:22 am
prahocalypse now wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:04 am ...and she is also accused of making racist comments about Cambodians and Flippers.
Please try to avoid referring to Filipinos as Flippers. It's a racial slur directed at Filipinos coined by the American GIs during WWII.
I don't think that it is a racial slur.
Yup. It's not. The last time there was an actual word that has an effect was during the Spanish period. Now, words alone aren't seen as racial slurs and nobody takes offense whatever you think which words will "hurt". It all depends on the context. Sometimes it becomes annoying, but no one's gonna rub your face on asphalt for using the word.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Looks like the subject of this thread is stirring up a hornet's nest on 440...something about lonely, uneducated white men being easy targets by cambo girls. Revenge? [Mod edit: Link removed.]
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

ssh. we will get her here if you persist
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jimmy Crow »

I for one would love to take her out on a date ,beautiful Caucasian goddess.
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Jimmy Crow wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:30 am I for one would love to take her out on a date ,beautiful Caucasian goddess.
You two truly deserve each other. Then you could get down to work and produce more Aryan ladyboys who could teach you how chocolate is best appreciated. Republicans need such a class act as a remedy for social constipation.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jimmy Crow »

taabarang wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:45 am
Jimmy Crow wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:30 am I for one would love to take her out on a date ,beautiful Caucasian goddess.
You two truly deserve each other. Then you could get down to work and produce more Aryan ladyboys who could teach you how chocolate is best appreciated. Republicans need such a class act as a remedy for social constipation.
Look,let’s not be so judge mental on this beautiful well aged lassie,she very well could be a lovely person with a heart of gold ,gorgeous blue eyes,pure blonde hair,just because she said a few things doesn’t make her a bad person,I’m sure many of you have had moments when your whiteness kicks in and you vent out at the locals from time to time or am I alone on this with Barbie babe?
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Josh_76 »

prahocalypse now wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:13 am She is a 48-year-old Canadian who has taught in Oman, Malaysia, Japan, Hong Kong and Canada.
She probably did those "cultural experiences" in the wrong order - and I'm serious now.
Moving from Hong Kong or Japan to Oman or Cambodia is very different to the opposite.
prahocalypse now wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:13 am She says she "enjoys new cultural experiences and challenges".
Culture adaption fatigue has set in, oh dear!

Strange that many people still don't get that others will gladly make one weak moment/mistake "last forever" thanks to social media + google.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic