Koh Rong

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Koh Rong

Post by frank lee bent »

Anyone notice the vastly disproportionate number of deaths occurring on this island over the past 6 months or so?
Almost like there is a serial killer living there.
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Koh Rong

Post by Jaap N. »

frank lee bent wrote:Anyone notice the vastly disproportionate number of deaths occurring on this island over the past 6 months or so?
Almost like there is a serial killer living there.
It's been mentioned on several forums, it is indeed creepy. Very creepy.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I had intended to visit a friend there in a few weeks.
Canceling that idea.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Very sinister goings on it seems. Reminds me in a way of the Parvati Valley in Northern India during a time of murders and missing persons over a ten/fifteen year period. Rumors would abound of drug cartels, a crazy murderer living in the valley, bandits and the like with no-one being arrested. Central America seems to be experiencing a spate of western murders recently (mostly young women) as well. I guess there are always going to be dark spots for travellers/expats who live in regions of relative poverty.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Perhaps, perhaps also it's due to the party lifestyle of those who go there. It seems to have become rave island to some degree.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I recall Charles Sobrhaj in a rather similar setting.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

frank lee bent wrote:I recall Charles Sobrhaj in a rather similar setting.
His was an amazing story, he wiped out quite a view backpackers at his guesthouse in Bangkok by slow poisoning and if I remember correctly a couple were dumped in Pattaya and due to non-identification were buried by the authorities before proper autopsies were performed.

That's what was concerning when that first 50+ US lady was found on Koh Rong, natural causes assumed and then at insistence proper autopsy concluded murder.

Is it about 4 recent strange deaths now ?
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

I'm heading to Koh Rong this weekend. If you don't hear from me, send out a jungle search team.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

FOUND!

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

She has reportedly been found. I can only assume what is a friend just updated their "Looking For" post on the facebook groups. I tried to find the Facebook link but I couldn't seem to locate the thread again.

Likely true, I am glad another young person didn't fall victim to El Diablo Rong
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

giblet wrote:I'm heading to Koh Rong this weekend. If you don't hear from me, send out a jungle search team.
CEO today - Sunday Roast at the weekend. :assasin:
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic