Black English teachers in Cambodia,Yes or No

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Black English teachers in Cambodia,Yes or No

Post by Jimmy Crow »

Any thoughts on this ?
Personally I would never let my white children learn English from a negro..

So
Melissa, from Jamaica, also shares an experience where she was recommended for a teaching job in a school in Tokyo by a Japanese dispatch company, but was flatly rejected because she wasn’t American and didn’t belong to any of the big five countries.

From my personal experience teaching English in a small city in Japan, because I didn’t speak with an American or otherwise recognizable “English” accent, many Japanese colleagues would ask me whether English was my native language. I was also asked to teach my students about popular American culture and holidays, like Halloween, even though I wasn’t American and didn’t have a clue!

Tara also felt overlooked because of her skin color. When she first arrived at her junior high school, her colleagues did not throw her the customary welcome party. However, a year later, when a white teacher joined the staff, he was welcomed with open arms. Also, at her school’s contracting organization, whenever she tries to offer suggestions to improve teaching practices, she feels ignored. However, when her white colleague shares the same suggestion, he is immediately recognized and praised.

More on this here https://www.goabroad.com/articles/teach ... n-of-color
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Black English teachers in Cambodia,Yes or No

Post by frank lee bent »

it does not matter what we think.
it is up to the customers.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Jimmy Crow wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:58 am Any thoughts on this ?

So
Melissa, from Jamaica, also shares an experience where she was recommended for a teaching job in a school in Tokyo by a Japanese dispatch company, but was flatly rejected because she wasn’t American and didn’t belong to any of the big five countries.

From my personal experience teaching English in a small city in Japan, because I didn’t speak with an American or otherwise recognizable “English” accent, many Japanese colleagues would ask me whether English was my native language. I was also asked to teach my students about popular American culture and holidays, like Halloween, even though I wasn’t American and didn’t have a clue!

Tara also felt overlooked because of her skin color. When she first arrived at her junior high school, her colleagues did not throw her the customary welcome party. However, a year later, when a white teacher joined the staff, he was welcomed with open arms. Also, at her school’s contracting organization, whenever she tries to offer suggestions to improve teaching practices, she feels ignored. However, when her white colleague shares the same suggestion, he is immediately recognized and praised.

Racist troll????????????????? =@
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

Why not ?
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Arget wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:14 am

So

Racist troll????????????????? =@
What makes you think that? Surely not this:
jmagic
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jmagic »

Black, yes. Irish? No way. First, the accent is clearly inferior. Second, the whole race/culture is trash. :bad:
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Jimmy Crow wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:58 am

Jimmy Crow wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:09 pm
I received a call from Texas last night and it to say the least was very disturbing,my daughter in law was erratic and yelling on the phone “your son is a sicko,he has pictures all over his phone of him and troop of lady boy abominations playing in a ball pit and numerous images of him eating body chocolate off the body of several lady boy creatures from the abyss

It's probably for the best that your son didn't have a black English teacher. He would have tried to eat the teacher.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

My daughter's teacher is from Zim. I don't think being black is contagious.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

How about your black, mix PNG and N. Korean kids?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Quote ] Any thoughts on this ?

And white kids should never have blackboards in the schoolroom . That is the only reason I was a dismal failure with my education. Now if we had had white boards and white marking pens I'm sure I would have been as successful as ,,,,,,, lets say Donald Trump.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic