Soon direct flights Phnom Penh to Yangon

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Soon direct flights Phnom Penh to Yangon

Post by phuketrichard »

Now easy to get over there and not need transit Bangkok :thumb: :beer3:
although shit hours going

YANGON — Aviation giant Emirates has announced that it will commence a direct air service between Yangon and Phnom Penh, as it makes alterations to its route from Dubai.

The airline said in a statement that after traveling from Dubai to Yangon, their plane will continue to the Cambodian capital as of July 1. The route previously included Hanoi, but there will now be a separate direct route between the Vietnamese capital and Dubai, the airline said.

The flight will depart Dubai at 9:15am, arriving at 5:25pm. It will then depart Yangon at 6:55pm and arrive in Phnom Penh at 9:25pm. The return leg will depart Phnom Penh at 11:10pm, arriving in Yangon at 12:40am, departing again at 2:10am, arriving in Dubai at 5:40am.

http://frontiermyanmar.net/en/emirates- ... phnom-penh
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Soon direct flights Phnom Penh to Yangon

Post by hanno »

Let's see, there were direct flights from both Siem Reap and PP before and both were empty all the time and eventually stopped.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

hahaha idiots, u connect flights between cities that hv ppl that wanted to go to, yangon n PP are considered as low tourists number cities (as compared to tokyo, hong kong, shanghai etc), they should start connect PP n yangon to these cities first before considering connecting them both, it might work if they operate low cost propeller airplanes and maybe chartered on these routes :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

bolueeleh wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:15 pm hahaha idiots, u connect flights between cities that hv ppl that wanted to go to, yangon n PP are considered as low tourists number cities (as compared to tokyo, hong kong, shanghai etc), they should start connect PP n yangon to these cities first before considering connecting them both, it might work if they operate low cost propeller airplanes and maybe chartered on these routes :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Yep, high price shitholes connecting themselves together. lol Probably after sex-tourist money.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

bolueeleh wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:15 pm hahaha idiots, u connect flights between cities that hv ppl that wanted to go to, yangon n PP are considered as low tourists number cities (as compared to tokyo, hong kong, shanghai etc), they should start connect PP n yangon to these cities first before considering connecting them both, it might work if they operate low cost propeller airplanes and maybe chartered on these routes :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
I wonder who is the idiot here. Emirates business plan is not get money from people flying between PP and Yangon, but from people flying PP/Yangon to Dubai/Europe :facepalm: They had same route via Hanoi before. Hanoi traffic grew big enough so now starting from July they have direct Hanoi-Dubai. PP & Yangon probably together will get 70-80% capacity on the B777. There might be cheap business class ticket available for PP - Yangon route. I have flew few times BKK - Hong Kong with Emirates and paid only 200$ for business class seat :beer3:
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

rogerrabbit wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:04 pm
I wonder who is the idiot here. Emirates business plan is not get money from people flying between PP and Yangon, but from people flying PP/Yangon to Dubai/Europe :facepalm: They had same route via Hanoi before. Hanoi traffic grew big enough so now starting from July they have direct Hanoi-Dubai. PP & Yangon probably together will get 70-80% capacity on the B777. There might be cheap business class ticket available for PP - Yangon route. I have flew few times BKK - Hong Kong with Emirates and paid only 200$ for business class seat :beer3:
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: how many ppl fly from pp to dubai? or yangon to dubai? how many ppl would fly pp to yangon to dubai? when airline do feasibility studies they take various considerations to account, firstly what is the demand from the primary to primary, secondly if they cannot gather enough from primary to primary, they gather secondary to primary, either they are feeding another route which i dont not want to guess blindly but the post was pp to yangon, which will not be profitable, or they want to suffer loses to decimate another rival route i do not know either, either way good luck, hope u can get good tix n good routes to whatever u want to go, i dont really care if airline makes money or not
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

bolueeleh wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:44 pm
rogerrabbit wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:04 pm
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: how many ppl fly from pp to dubai? or yangon to dubai? how many ppl would fly pp to yangon to dubai? when airline do feasibility studies they take various considerations to account, firstly what is the demand from the primary to primary, secondly if they cannot gather enough from primary to primary, they gather secondary to primary, either they are feeding another route which i dont not want to guess blindly but the post was pp to yangon, which will not be profitable, or they want to suffer loses to decimate another rival route i do not know either, either way good luck, hope u can get good tix n good routes to whatever u want to go, i dont really care if airline makes money or not

Qatar is doing it on Saigon route, and the times when I have took that flight, I would say 20-30% of the flight PP-Saigon-Qatar is originated from Phnom Penh. And Qatar has had this route already few years. So there are people flying from Cambodia to mainly Europe via Qatar (and Dubai in future). There are quite a lot of rich and middle class Cambodians who are into travelling now days. And the amount is increasing all the time.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Emirates celebrates one year of flight service to the capital
3 July 2018
Emirates Airline celebrated the one-year anniversary of its Cambodia-Dubai route on Monday, with the company’s local manager saying demand for flights to the Middle Eastern nation is strong.

Over the past year, the company has ferried 70,000 passengers from Phnom Penh to Dubai on the flight which stops in Yangon.

Abdulla Adnan, general manager of Emirates Cambodia, spoke on Monday at the capital’s Rosewood Hotel during the anniversary, saying the airline industry in Cambodia is seeing strong growth.
“Cambodia is one of the fastest growing countries in the world,” he said, “we are proud to have contributed to this growth.”

Landing its inaugural flight at Phnom Penh International Airport on July 1 last year, the route added Cambodia to a list of 157 destinations serviced by Emirates, said Adnan.

He added the daily service used a Boeing 777-300 ER with both economy and business class seating. Cambodia looks set to add three new carriers this year, bringing the total number to 10.

The aviation sector has seen rapid growth in recent years – from two airlines with seven aircraft in 2013 to its current number of seven airlines with 30 aircraft.

The Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA) predicts that there will be 45 aircraft flying to and from Cambodia by the end of this year.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/ ... ce-capital
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic