What will Election Day be like?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PhnomRon
Expatriate

What will Election Day be like?

Post by PhnomRon »

Election Day is the 29th right? I’m planning to leave Cambodia for Thailand for two weeks at the end of July. Any reason I should leave on the 28th or stay until the 30th? Will it be interesting? Lots of traffic or everyone gone home to the province?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: What will Election Day be like?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Will be fairly quiet around the city
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Elections are on Sunday 29, and lots of workers and students have 3 days off, so expect there will be a lot traffic departing PP on Friday 27, and a big return to PP on Monday. If you arrive by plane, there shouldn't be a problem.
The big question is, will all the bars and restaurants be open ? Anyone know ?
(I'm presuming that the OP plans to fly in to Phnom Penh.)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

PhnomRon wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:00 pm I’m planning to leave Cambodia for Thailand for two weeks at the end of July.
Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:40 pm (I'm presuming that the OP plans to fly in to Phnom Penh.)

Never presume AM, or you'll make a 'pres' of 'u' and 'me'. :facepalm:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I'll let you know, I'll be at the polling booths.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

I presume that the sale of alcohol will be banned. Therefore it will be as dry as a whore's cunt on a Sunday morning.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

prahocalypse now wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:07 pm I presume that the sale of alcohol will be banned. Therefore it will be as dry as a whore's cunt on a Sunday morning.
Surely you've heard of PPPPPP.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

prahocalypse now wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:07 pm I presume that the sale of alcohol will be banned. Therefore it will be as dry as a whore's cunt on a Sunday morning.
I've been here for a few elections and occasions such as the former king's funeral when alcohol sales were "banned". Let's just say it wasn't difficult to get a drink. :? :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:36 pm
PhnomRon wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:00 pm I’m planning to leave Cambodia for Thailand for two weeks at the end of July.
Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:40 pm (I'm presuming that the OP plans to fly in to Phnom Penh.)

Never presume AM, or you'll make a 'pres' of 'u' and 'me'. :facepalm:
Lol. Whoops. My bad. Always read the OP first. I did, but must be dyslexic. It never occurred to me that an expat would post about staying in Cambodia for the elections.
So, getting back to the OP, is there any reason to stay for election weekend ? I would say no, but I'm not having a good day today with my advice. :plus1:
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

What will election day be like?

Generally fine and sunny, with the chance of afternoon rain and thunderstorms
Maximum 34, minimum 28.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic