Thailand is better than cambodia

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thailand is better than cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

bangkokhooker wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:13 pm
how do I know thats what they teach in schools?
sounds like a myth
Hard to find a thai to admit to it coz they consider it as anti-nationalistic. Nevertheless this thai, professor of SE asian studies at a US university did just that and says how it is:

https://prachatai.com/english/node/3649
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

yong wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:01 pm I live in Thailand, I've never been to Cambodia, so I am reading this thread with much interest and amusement too. Thanks for all the posts.
I cannot wait for the new thread on '' Screw salesman gets screwed on first trip to Cambodia ''
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:12 am
bangkokhooker wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:13 pm
how do I know thats what they teach in schools?
sounds like a myth
Hard to find a thai to admit to it coz they consider it as anti-nationalistic. Nevertheless this thai, professor of SE asian studies at a US university did just that and says how it is:

https://prachatai.com/english/node/3649
i know many thais and thats not true but if a yank prof says its true it must be
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

I lived in Thailand for 1 year and live now about 10 years in Cambodia. Why? Here can I live the life, I like to live.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Duncan wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:27 am

I cannot wait for the new thread on '' Screw salesman gets screwed on first trip to Cambodia ''
It sounds like it will be a riveting thread. Did he bolt? He'd be nuts not to.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

This is getting ridiculous. I have washered my hands of this thread.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Forget about Thailand and Cambodia. Judging by the picture below, it looks like Malaysia is the place to go if you wanna screw driver.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Ricky Dunn wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:55 am Thailand; Immigration hassles, every three months to check in like you're on parole and once a year requires a shitload of paperwork.
Baht rising against the dollar.
The generals treat the population like children - booze can be purchased only at certain hours.
Lèse majesté crimes and sentences are outrageous.
Worship of Kings is abhorrent to Americans.....I speak for all of them, LOL.
Absolutely ridiculous silly censorship on Western films shown on Thai TV.
Taxed the Hell out of wine because the Thai beer makers are connected to the Generals.
They brain-wash their children in school to respect authority and never question it (Generals and Royalty are one in the same).
Arguably the most corrupt government on the planet.
Good list of negatives.

I thought about renewing my Thai retirement extension for the 6th time but I just can't face it any more, including now having to report every time I return to the country. (Don't even ask if necessity of reporting return is based on length of period outside Thailand; every officer and district has a different story. ) Here in Vietnam, I just hand over some money and never have to put up with officious bullshit Thai immigrunts.

Not to mention the shocking, world-record road death rate . . . well, could go on and on.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Duncan wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:27 amI cannot wait for the new thread on '' Screw salesman gets screwed on first trip to Cambodia ''
prahocalypse now wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:12 pmIt sounds like it will be a riveting thread. Did he bolt? He'd be nuts not to.
willyhilly wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:34 pm This is getting ridiculous. I have washered my hands of this thread.
prahocalypse now wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:45 pm Forget about Thailand and Cambodia. Judging by the picture below, it looks like Malaysia is the place to go if you wanna screw driver.
You guys are really something with words. Respect :hattip:

chicagogato
Tourist
United States of America

Post by chicagogato »

Both places were a lot more fun 10 years ago. Now I choose to stay in Thailand and visit Cambodia. When I left a few years back, people were still talking about having enough money stashed away so that if you had a serious medical problem you could be airlifted to Bangkok. I see a brand new hospital has gone up on the way in from the airport so maybe that's not so much of a problem anymore. The pros & cons seem to be about equal with the exception of the number of nice travel destinations and types of entertainment. Thailand leads in this area.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic