Ferguson , this is really getting out of hand

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Dr Anik
Expatriate

Re: Ferguson , this is really getting out of hand

Post by Dr Anik »

Wasn't in the US. I've a habit of drifting. Anyway, that it's a global problem was the point.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

The Add Jay wrote: I understand that but its a waste of money and man power....because they had nothing better to do. Just like sending 20 fire trucks to a cat stuck in a tree. I can understand sending a chopper an hour or so after I left the scene...this thing showed up not 10min. Ehhh....but they still couldnt find me :ROFL2: it was actually pretty clever what I did. But then I realized where em I going to go??! they got my info...why send a chopper?
The actual "why" of it, is because people who are panicked and fleeing from the law sometimes make some REALLY poor choices... like running into some strange families home to hide, then being afraid they'll "tell" so taking them hostage/etc. Some fucked up shit has happened on account of people running from the cops so they get serious about it and try to round them up as fast as possible.

For those who disagree with the police equipment... why? If you don't oppose them doing their jobs, then shouldn't they be able to do them as efficiently as possible, so long as they don't overstep? Especially in North County in St. Louis I don't at ALL see their equipment as over the top. A lot of the north county gangbangers are much better armed than any of those cops were... if they pulled out hardware on the streets the cops would have needed it all to even stand a chance.

One of the flaws a lot of non americans (or ones who haven't lived there in a while or in certain cities) make is to underestimate the criminals. St. Louis has been rated #1 most dangerous city in america on a number of occasions... and it means it. People think the worst the criminals will have is a few unorganized guys with handguns or a semi-auto "assault rifle"... no... these guys get tech-9's, AK47s, uzis, etc... modified to be fully automatic. They work as a group, and know the streets/layouts better than many of the cops. they have houses all around where friends or people just too afraid to stand up to them will let them hide inside. it really is a lot like fighting insurgents in sandland... and the police forces (and military) recognised this a while back, and have been equipping the police gang/swat units and training them because of it.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

The article says heavy artillery. An ak47 is artillery now?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

eh, buzzwords. yay for media.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

here's an older story of some gang members being armed with machine guns, anti personnel mines, and hand grenades:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2007/02 ... l-for-war/

[EDIT: Better link to the story.]
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Top mag is a extra-rounds mag for an SKS not an AK-47. (I used to build/rebuild AK-47s) The two pistols pictured are just cr*p. The US police should be able to defend themselves, but not become an arm of the military. The powers that be in America realize that because of the Posse Comitatus Act (18 U.S.C. 1385) of 1878 the US military is barred from becoming involved in domestic affairs. The National Guard is a state thing, under the governor of each state and exempt from this act.

The US federal government which is run by the Bar Associations pushed for more laws (every year) and longer sentences. The corrupt US legal system and jail system is a corporate cash cow and a way for the Bar Associations(government) to have power and control, take away Constitutional rights and make money like they were printing it. America, the land of the not so free has more people in jails/prisons than any other country on earth! (2,200,000+)

To further these goals the federal government has equipped and trained military SWAT teams for every town in America. Now instead of inoffensive uniformed "Peace Officers" we have Nazi/Waffen SS style uniformed "Enforcement Officers" with shoot first training. Most federal agencies have SWAT teams. Why does the Tennessee Valley Power Authority, the Office of Personnel, the Food and Drug Administration, BLM, etc need SWAT teams?

I've had two SWAT teams come after me, but couldn't shoot me and put a "throw down gun" in my hand because there were witness's, so I have really researched this subject. (I sued 10 County Sheriff's in Federal Court, they came after me, but that's a whole other story.)

A special tactical team (SWAT) in large metro cities I have no problem with, but one in every town and city in America and equipped with tank-like vehicles, military shoot first training and hiring skinhead thugs, I have a problem with that. The good old Smith & Wesson "Highway Patrolman" .357mag revolver the cops used to carry was more than enough firepower, and they usually had a pump shotgun in the car as backup. Every cop carrying automatic weapons while wearing Waffen SS uniforms is uncalled for, but planned by the powers that be.

What ever happened to the "Beat Cop" that used to walk a set beat in big metro cities? They knew the neighborhood, the people, the streets and knew when bad people were on "their" beat. They also had the respect and trust of the people. Now we only have black suited nameless thugs in gangster looking cars (Chrysler 300) looking like either thugs or Waffen SS from the Nazi era. Time to turn back the clock and get the black suited thugs off the street, like the smart governor in this story finally did.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

should have known this would pull your tin foil hat out of the closet.

i love this statistic that gets thrown around:
"America, the land of the not so free has more people in jails/prisons than any other country on earth! (2,200,000+)"

chicken/egg... is it because they have to keep the jails full, or because we have a shit load of ganbangers and thugs and retards who end up in there? my opinion, having been in there, is the latter. never met a single innocent man in prison.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Also, the SKS doesn't come stock able to accept removable magazines like those in the AK. SKS is a fixed, top loaded, 10 round magazine. Makes me really question your statement about that magazine...
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

CNN.com wrote:Headline: Why do whites run mostly black town?

Teen's death shows racial divide

Two-thirds of Ferguson, Missouri's, population is black, yet both the mayor and police chief are white. FULL STORY
That's a bit like saying "the population of the US is only 12% African-American, so why do they have an African-American president? That smacks of unfairness!"

It seems CNN doesn't know that all mayors are elected, and that the citizens can vote him out if they are unhappy with his allegedly unfair hiring practices, including his appointed police chief.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic