Tablet repair in Phnom Penh?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Tablet repair in Phnom Penh?

Post by StroppyChops »

I need to replace the microUSB charge/data port on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (10.1) - any recommendations on tablet repairers in Phnom Penh, please?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Tablet repair in Phnom Penh?

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

I've got the same model and the same fault. My daughter tried to use an Apple adapter as a charger. It's due for a new battery anyway. Last time I got work done (a video memory fault) I took it to a guy on Monivong just north (~50m )of the opticians shop on the St.360 corner on the western side of the street. He seemed to have all the tools and knew what he is doing. He took about 3 days to get it finished. No big rush for me anyway
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:10 pm I've got the same model and the same fault. My daughter tried to use an Apple adapter as a charger. It's due for a new battery anyway. Last time I got work done (a video memory fault) I took it to a guy on Monivong just north (~50m )of the opticians shop on the St.360 corner on the western side of the street. He seemed to have all the tools and knew what he is doing. He took about 3 days to get it finished. No big rush for me anyway
Given the source of this one I'd say that's what happened here, too. I'll keep this one in mind as I keep looking. Have you had the static lines on yours yet?
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

Yeah. Last repair. It gradually got worse. Ok now. Battery charging times are excessive and operation time too short. I should have got the battery changed last time. I think it's about 4 years old now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:26 pm Yeah. Last repair. It gradually got worse. Ok now. Battery charging times are excessive and operation time too short. I should have got the battery changed last time. I think it's about 4 years old now.
What was the issue with the static lines, dying screen or poor connection?
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

I'm not sure. The video ram became damaged over time eventually no picture.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:39 pm I'm not sure. The video ram became damaged over time eventually no picture.
Think mine might be a different issue as any running app and even the home screen are clear as a bell, but the background screen (behind the home screen) has the static lines.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

Sorry but aren't tablets so cheap nowadays that nobody waste time trying to fix them ? I always give my old electronics to poor schoolboys and hope that more people do it. Just my opinion :-)
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

StroppyChops wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:48 pm I need to replace the microUSB charge/data port on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (10.1) - any recommendations on tablet repairers in Phnom Penh, please?

Sokly Phone Shop - Central Market No.44Eo, Street 67, Phsar Thmey 2, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
(855) 23 216 725
(855) 23 216 726
http://soklyphone.com/about-us/

I have had a micro port changed on a samsung phone for $1, a screen glass replaced for $15 and a "whole screen" replaced on a Galaxy for about $70. They have always been very good and quick.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

cannabistourist wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:18 pm Sorry but aren't tablets so cheap nowadays that nobody waste time trying to fix them ? I always give my old electronics to poor schoolboys and hope that more people do it. Just my opinion :-)
I'm the poor kid that the tablet was given to, and I'm very grateful for it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic