Borax - Where to buy?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Borax - Where to buy?

Post by that genius »

Obviously Bob ants...Matabele
andy.lewis
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by andy.lewis »

Home Top in the detergents section. Big box "20 Mule team" 10 bucks. Enough to eradicate most ants in PP. Forget those ant baits. this stuff allows experimentation with jam, sugar, peanut butter. :OD:
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

andy.lewis wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:34 pm Home Top in the detergents section. Big box "20 Mule team" 10 bucks. Enough to eradicate most ants in PP. Forget those ant baits. this stuff allows experimentation with jam, sugar, peanut butter. :OD:
Peanut butter, there's an idea.

I know this is an old thread but Bayon Market also has Borax in their laundry detergent section, I noticed recently.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Yep, nothing like opening the peanut butter and finding a colony of ants in there.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:32 pm Yep, nothing like opening the peanut butter and finding a colony of ants in there.
The peanut butter mixed with borax is working great. The ants are loving it to death!
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:46 pm The peanut butter mixed with borax is working great. The ants are loving it to death!
haha excellent. I used to use dried parmesan cheese powder but lately I have been trialling crushed up dry cat food which they also seem to like. Some ants like sweet, others prefer savoury. Think the PB will be better being sticky instead of dry. Will try when I get back.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:29 pm
Username Taken wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:46 pm The peanut butter mixed with borax is working great. The ants are loving it to death!
haha excellent. I used to use dried parmesan cheese powder but lately I have been trialling crushed up dry cat food which they also seem to like. Some ants like sweet, others prefer savoury. Think the PB will be better being sticky instead of dry. Will try when I get back.
This peanut butter is pretty dry. They seem happy with it. I just hope I put in enough borax.
When I put this PB down there were only a few hundred ants, but now there is a six lane highway of them coming from the other side too now.

timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:41 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:29 pm
This peanut butter is pretty dry. They seem happy with it. I just hope I put in enough borax.
When I put this PB down there were only a few hundred ants, but now there is a six lane highway of them coming from the other side too now.

Better not to make it too strong, the idea is for them to take it back to their nest. Not to kill on sight.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

You may want to put your treats at the beginning of the trails, that way you will avoid the highways on the floor. You can clean up their scent markers on these highways with vinegar (first verify this will not damage the flooring)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^ Actually, that pic above is outside on the rear balcony.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic