KTV Staff Viciously Attack Customers who Question Bill

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Re: KTV Staff Viciously Attack Customers who Question Bill

Post by Captain Bonez »

Jesus Wept, power shandies are still a thing huh? I haven't had one of those in about 13 years
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Captain Bonez wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:48 pm Jesus Wept, power shandies are still a thing huh? I haven't had one of those in about 13 years
yeah been drinking "Turbo Shandys" (Stella+Smirnoff ice) since leaving school lol
there was also "Depth Charges" (Stella + Shot of Aftershock) too :D
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Karaoke staff charged over bill dispute beating
June 29, 2018
The owner of a karaoke shop and five of his staff were charged yesterday with beating up three customers in an argument about their tab.

The incident took place early on June 15 at Good Night KTV Shop in Phnom Penh’s Por Senchey district.

On June 14 at about 10pm, the three went to drink and sing karaoke. They were served food and drinks by Mr Samnang’s four staff members. The victims drank and sang until about 1am.

After finishing their drinks, the cashier gave them the bill, which was $180 for food, drinks and singing. The victims, who were drunk, argued that it was too expensive. They said the shop boss had cheated them.

They refused to pay and demanded the boss recalculate the payment, but the boss refused. The two parties then got into an argument.

“The accused group said the victims did not have enough money to pay for the food and badly cursed them,” Mr Touch said. “Together, they beat the three victims, seriously injuring one by knocking him unconsciousness. The other two men were slightly injured.”
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50506365/k ... e-beating/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

I am 99% sure that the husband and wife owners of the KTV's are the same people who continually made up excuse after excuse, month after month, for why they couldn't pay even the first dollar toward the school tuition, uniforms, book fees, for their 3 children who attended the school I was Vice Principal at back in 2017. In fact, he got angry at me for having set him up on a payment plan that they agreed they could handle....until the at first installment came due... Which is when he got angry and threatened to take his kids to a different school. I told him I'd happily write a letter of recommendation for him to present to the new school administrator telling them that private education should be free only for his family, but everyone else should pay the $5-$7K.

We were also buying fifteen (15) 20L water bottles every week from him for our students. Of course we paid the bill each week upon delivery. By the time I quit, his kids were still there, making it 7.5 months of free tuition, uniforms, activity free, books, etc.

Fucking prick if I ever saw one.
Strawberryshake
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Strawberryshake »

Sounds like a great place to party 🤮.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

What happens is you agree for a price of beer and free food, but then they keep bringing in more food , you think it's free only one plate is free the rest is added to your bill and not cheap that's thier trick, got caught once never again.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:32 pm
Captain Bonez wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:35 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:31 pmcan easily get through a case in an hour, just me and 1 mate did a case in 45mins down 2004 street
You and your mate drank a beer every 3 and a half minutes for 45 minutes?

That's like 7 English pints in less than an hour, slow down there, Andre the Giant!

i play drinking games and smash through the cans, im a binge drinker :D :beer3:
TBH its not really so many when you break it down...
id normally have about 10 cans, my mate maybe 7, the girls and the host maybe 6 between them and 1 can for the youth who brought up the crate to begin with,

in England me and my best mate smash numerous pints of what we call Suicide Shandy Snakebites before we go out (Beer + 7.5% Cider + Smirnoff Ice + Double shot of Vodka) so drinking small cans of beers isnt a big task really... (not a smug comment btw, binge drinking is british culture lol)
This is not a criticism of you personally mate, but I dont understand how this sort of behavior is something to be proud of. When you consider the effects of ingesting this level of toxic substances into your body on a regular basis, and the high risk of addiction as you get older, it just doesn't make any kind of sense. And then there is the question of why does someone need to anaesthetise their mental functions in order to go out and have a good time? Binge drinking is not just a British culture, it is a worldwide problem that is the direct cause of many of the worst aspects of society. Domestic violence, costs to the healthcare system, street crime....and at the end of the night it all ends up being vomited or pissed out. What a waste.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

lagrange wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:59 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:32 pm
Captain Bonez wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:35 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:31 pmcan easily get through a case in an hour, just me and 1 mate did a case in 45mins down 2004 street
You and your mate drank a beer every 3 and a half minutes for 45 minutes?

That's like 7 English pints in less than an hour, slow down there, Andre the Giant!

i play drinking games and smash through the cans, im a binge drinker :D :beer3:
TBH its not really so many when you break it down...
id normally have about 10 cans, my mate maybe 7, the girls and the host maybe 6 between them and 1 can for the youth who brought up the crate to begin with,

in England me and my best mate smash numerous pints of what we call Suicide Shandy Snakebites before we go out (Beer + 7.5% Cider + Smirnoff Ice + Double shot of Vodka) so drinking small cans of beers isnt a big task really... (not a smug comment btw, binge drinking is british culture lol)
This is not a criticism of you personally mate, but I dont understand how this sort of behavior is something to be proud of. When you consider the effects of ingesting this level of toxic substances into your body on a regular basis, and the high risk of addiction as you get older, it just doesn't make any kind of sense. And then there is the question of why does someone need to anaesthetise their mental functions in order to go out and have a good time? Binge drinking is not just a British culture, it is a worldwide problem that is the direct cause of many of the worst aspects of society. Domestic violence, costs to the healthcare system, street crime....and at the end of the night it all ends up being vomited or pissed out. What a waste.
no its ok i fully get what you are saying,
i guess Binge drinking in the UK is almost a game, is a social thing done with groups of friends from a very young age, its a bonding thing, downing lots of cider down the park with your friends when you are 14 is what most working class kids did growing up, its almost expected behaviour lol sure its not just a british culture, but it is known we are the worst for it, we get drunk before we go out to get drunk(er), then afterwards we go drink somewhere else :beer:
this made laugh

but yeah, sometimes i wish life didnt revolve around alcohol so much,
i remember the first time i went out and stayed in my friends village for a week, i thought, peaceful, sober up a bit etc, but i ended up drinking more regularly than i would do in PP/SHV haha, woke up my friends mum popped and got me dried fish and rice for breakfast and a can of ABC to wash it down every morning :plus1:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Eh. Nothing wrong with a little binge drinking. I don't do it as much anymore, but used to quite a bit years ago. Good times. I question those who don't have some sort of vice to help them cope with this shit society we live in. :beer3:
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

Electric Earth wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:11 am Eh. Nothing wrong with a little binge drinking. I don't do it as much anymore, but used to quite a bit years ago. Good times. I question those who don't have some sort of vice to help them cope with this shit society we live in. :beer3:
I suppose it depends on the era you grew up in. When I was between 18 to 25 (back in the 70's) me and my mates were into cars - I had a frog-eyed Sprite, one mate had a Spitfire, another a Capri, and one guy doing well had a Granada. Then there was poor old Mick who had an ancient Anglia. Sure we all had the odd pint when we did runs , what they call 'road trips' these days, but the thought of not being in total control was what put any of us off anything like binge drinking. And we would never go anywhere without the motors. An adrenalin rush in those days was 'doing the ton' on the motorway, except for the Anglia of course. Even now, the idea of not being in complete control of myself stops me having more than a couple of whiskies or beers, and at my age now I probably couldn't be bothered. Have your fun, Jamie, its just the ramblings of an old boomer.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic