White Woman Barbara Sherin Accuses Cambodians of Cheating Her...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Boeki
Tourist
Philippines

Re: White Woman Barbara Sherin Accuses Cambodians of Cheating Her...

Post by Boeki »

Cam Nivag wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:14 pm Hasn't this landlord heard of Google Maps? "Here's a pin showing the exact location of the apartment. Call me when you get here."

Making an old lady stand around waiting nearby for your sister in law to collect her and drive her the last 200 meters to your apartment for rent is pretty stupid.
That's not the point.

She agreed to go to the Bali Hotel and call the landlord when she gets there so the landlord can meet her and bring her to the apartment which was just a few meters away. That was the agreement.

When she got to the Bali Hotel, she indeed called up the landlord and brazenly started shouting invectives which prompted the landlord to just tell her to go look for another apartment. That was when she started sending text messages as you've seen above.

If you and I agreed to meet somewhere so I can buy a cellphone that you're offering to sell and once I get there I start telling you if I could see the stupid phone as we stand here in this stupid place, would you still sell the phone to me? After which I'd tell you that Cambodians are stupid and as dumb as Filipinos. Would that give me the right to go complaining that you tried to cheat me?
Boeki
Tourist
Philippines

Post by Boeki »

timmydownawell wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:26 pm This is weird. She is waiting at the Bali Hotel (the "stupid hotel") to be picked up as requested, and the sister in law hasn't turned up. He says sorry and then immediately tells her to find somewhere else to stay. It's only then that she launches into the racist crap because he's basically told her to piss off.
That's not what happened.

When she got there, she called the landlord (as per agreement), but then she started saying that she's already at that stupid hotel and where's the stupid pick-up so she can go see the stupid apartment. The landlord then told her politely to go see other apartments instead.

Then she sent a text message to the landlord and the rest you've seen in the screencap.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i think it is unanimous she is a twat.
you can make a poll on it.
Boeki
Tourist
Philippines

Post by Boeki »

Brewer wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:14 am
timmydownawell wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:26 pm This is weird. She is waiting at the Bali Hotel (the "stupid hotel") to be picked up as requested, and the sister in law hasn't turned up. He says sorry and then immediately tells her to find somewhere else to stay. It's only then that she launches into the racist crap because he's basically told her to piss off.
Yes, that's how I was reading it so unless I'm missing something this entire thread is predicated on some women getting fucked off about being fucked off by some arsehole who she'd tried to phone because they weren't where she was told they would be.

Then this "white woman" has an entire thread about her because some twat posts accusations of racism. Keep up the high standards, hopefully there'll be another domestic violence accusation you can take one side of and broadcast to readers soon. :facepalm:
Yes, you are missing something.

There was an agreement to meet at a specific place. She comes in ready to do battle. The landlord declined. She tells the landlord Cambodians are disgusting and as dumb as Filipinos. She cries foul. And you're missing the point.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Boeki wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:22 am
prahocalypse now wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:04 am ...and she is also accused of making racist comments about Cambodians and Flippers.
Please try to avoid referring to Filipinos as Flippers. It's a racial slur directed at Filipinos coined by the American GIs during WWII.
I don't think that it is a racial slur.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Boeki wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:33 am
Cam Nivag wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:14 pm Hasn't this landlord heard of Google Maps? "Here's a pin showing the exact location of the apartment. Call me when you get here."

Making an old lady stand around waiting nearby for your sister in law to collect her and drive her the last 200 meters to your apartment for rent is pretty stupid.
That's not the point.

She agreed to go to the Bali Hotel and call the landlord when she gets there so the landlord can meet her and bring her to the apartment which was just a few meters away. That was the agreement.

When she got to the Bali Hotel, she indeed called up the landlord and brazenly started shouting invectives which prompted the landlord to just tell her to go look for another apartment. That was when she started sending text messages as you've seen above.

If you and I agreed to meet somewhere so I can buy a cellphone that you're offering to sell and once I get there I start telling you if I could see the stupid phone as we stand here in this stupid place, would you still sell the phone to me? After which I'd tell you that Cambodians are stupid and as dumb as Filipinos. Would that give me the right to go complaining that you tried to cheat me?
OK I am not defending her in any way (she's obviously a vile person), just to be clear. But what you're saying is not indicated at all in the original post in this thread.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

prahocalypse now wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:09 am
Boeki wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:22 am
prahocalypse now wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:04 am ...and she is also accused of making racist comments about Cambodians and Flippers.
Please try to avoid referring to Filipinos as Flippers. It's a racial slur directed at Filipinos coined by the American GIs during WWII.
I don't think that it is a racial slur.
Surely it's just a contraction (based on laziness, like most are)?

There are tons of white Filipinos...
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Please don’t say white it’s a racist term that means White Hillbillies In Thailand Etc.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

iheartheenim wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:35 pm
iheartheenim wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:34 pm
iheartheenim wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:31 pm
cptrelentless wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:16 pm Are the Flips worse than the Cambodians? My dad seems to enjoy PH. I've never met a rude Canadian.
Flips are hospitable and well-mannered for a certain period of time. Everything is doubled or tripled, if you're kind they're double kind. If you're an ass, they're triple ass. There's a time limit though, if you overstay your welcome, as in any other place on earth, you will no longer be special, just neutral...a part of the daily life. Did you also know that The Philippines and Cambodia have several million different people in their respective countries and the experience will always be different if you'd meet all of them?
Did you just try to box 2 countries into a particular definition with your one dimensional question or are you really just that dense?
I'm not the one who's a complete fucking flid at posting. If you look at the OP you'll see why. Perhaps put your glasses on first.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

If you look at the facebook group where this first surfaced you'd be in no doubt what kind of woman this is. She's been routinely fired from many jobs across SEA for her attitude. And anyway she's got that "bulldog chewing a wasp" kinda face that only people like that have. We can all see it. I don't doubt the OP.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic